It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2005, 08:50 PM   #1
(female)

LindsayO23 HB User
Someone please help!!

Okay...my husband and I just started ttc. We used the ovulation calendar for April. AF started April the 4th. It only last for a couple of days. The ovulation calendar said I would be fertile from the 15th-17th and I would ovulate on the 18th.So we did the deed on those days. It says end of cycle on May 2nd. Does that mean that i should have started and it would end on the 2nd. I am new to this and my husband and I are trying to have a baby before he leaves on deployment. He is in the US Navy. Any advice I would greatly appreciate. Thank you so much!

Lindsay

Old 05-02-2005, 08:53 AM   #2

caedmyn HB User
Re: Someone please help!!

It means if you have 28 day cycles you would probably start on the 2nd. Unless your cycles are very very regular, though, there are much more accurate ways to predict ovulation than ovulation calenders. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2005, 10:27 AM   #3
(female)

LindsayO23 HB User
Question Re: Someone please help!!

Okay. I am usually pretty regular. What are the other signas of ovulation? I know around the time I was ovulating I had some pain in my lower stomach. I also read you can tell some other ways. I did not chart my information, though maybe I should have. Well I guess if I am supposed to have A/F it would be today. My breast are sore but no signs of A/F such as cramping and ect. Any other advice would be great! Like I said..this was the first time we started using the ovulation thing so the only info I know is what I have read .
Thanks again!

Lindsay

Old 05-02-2005, 11:16 AM   #4
(female)

DelSol409 HB User

Congrats on TTC - my hubby and I have officially started just trying for #1 too. As far the start and end of you cycle the typically start of your cycle is the first day of your period (this is known as cycle day 1 or CD1) the end of your cycle is the day before your period starts (known a cycle day XX or CDXX - where XX is the number of days your cycle is). The average cycle length is 28 days and that is what most calendars/calculators go on. Many women are on a 28 day cycle and many are not.

Other ways to measure your fertility and estimating when you ovulate is to measure your Basal Body Temperature (BBT) and keep track of you Cervical Mucus (CM). BBT is measured by taking your temperature each day when you first wake up (and before you have done anything else) - preferably you do it the same time everyday for best results. Around the time you ovulate, your temperature will start to rise -and stay elevated until just before your period starts (if it doesn't and your period is late - that can be a good indication your pregnant). CM has a typical cycle in women as well before, during and after Ovulation. Typically it starts of sticky, then gets sort of cremey and as you get closer to ovulation, it will typically get watery. Then when you ovulate it often gets thick and looks a lot like egg-whites. The watery CM is considered furtile and the e***hite CM is considered your most fertile CM. The fluid changes to this consistancy to be a better enviroment for the sperm to be in and hopefully meet with the egg. Of course every women varies - so tracking and noting your typcial patterns will help you discover when you may be ovulating.

There are also ovulation predictor kits and monitors, but they can get expensive. There are also scopes you can use to check your salava (it will fern as you approach ovulation and the ferning increases when you ovulate). They cost less than the electric monitors and can be reused, so they are a more cost effect predictor device.

Hope this information helps. Good luck!

Old 05-02-2005, 02:19 PM   #5
(female)

LindsayO23 HB User

Thank you so much guys! I really appreciate all the info. Well from the info I gathered..I should start today. I have no signs of having A/F..cramps ect. My periods are pretty regular. Well I guess I will have to wait and see! I want to take a test but I do not want to get disappointed if I am not. I want a BFP!!
Thanks again!

Lindsay

Closed Thread