It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2005, 04:40 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Sallyz HB User
Every day, or every other day?

Okay, logic tells us that doing the bd every day during the fertile period is better, but I've read in lots of places that every other day is best to allow sperm so accumulate again. So, which is best. Anyone know? Advice?
Thanks

Old 05-03-2005, 06:13 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Ivana HB User
Re: Every day, or every other day?

They say every other day because we know for a fact that sperm can live inside the uterus between 3-5 days, so there's no need to really do it every day during the fertile period. Also, it may allow the man to build up more of a "reserve" if you will. But then again, this isn't to say that you will be any less successful if you do it every day.

I think it's important to relax about this and not calculate and think about it too much, because stress more than anything can have a negative effect. Keep track of your cycles and simply make sure you're doing what you need to being doing around that time....good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2005, 10:44 AM   #3
(female)

girlwondering HB User

There are two schools of thought on this one:

1. Every day - more sperm are generated and therefore more "healthy" sperm have the opportunity to fertilize the egg. Getting healthy sperm to meet the egg IS of course the objective. This is recommended for most couples, unless your partner has a sperm issue.

2. Every other day - sperm can live for 2 or 3 days, so if there are sperm concerns, this should do the trick.

I guess you could alternate between the two until you get pregnant?

Good luck!

Old 05-03-2005, 02:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

We were told that if DH has a low sperm count (we still dont know yet!) that it is best to do it eod to enable the swimmers to become stronger and bigger in number.

Good luck

Old 05-03-2005, 03:35 PM   #5
(female)

lilalegna HB User

when i went to the doc, he was saying dh and i should bd every day during fertile times. we basically bd when it feels natural, if one of us isnt up to it, we dont force ourselves to be in the mood, when the time is right, it is right, ya know? anyhoo, have a good evening!
lil

Closed Thread