It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2005, 11:15 AM   #1
(female)

Thope HB User
Missed Period?

Last month, my period was out of the norm, where I spotted the first two days and then started my period. I started spotting April 1st, but started really bleeding on April the third.

My first question is: What day do I count as my period really starting? The 1st or the 3rd?

I still haven't started menstruating and it's May the 3rd now. I usually start every 4 weeks. The latest I *should have started* would have been Sunday the 1st. However, if my cycle is 32 days, I would start tomorrow.

Is it too early to take a pregnancy test? I'm not sure when I really started to even know if I've missed my period or not. I get excited every month and maybe read into more than what it is... and don't want to keep doing this to myself.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Tiffany

Old 05-03-2005, 12:31 PM   #2
(female)

DelSol409 HB User
Re: Missed Period?

You should count the third as the start of your cycle, since that is the day you started bleeding.

As far as taking a HPT, there are some tests that are supposed to be able to give you results as early as 4 days before your missed AF. So if your cycle is 32 days long, one of those tests may work. If you get a BFN and still don't get AF, I would wait a week and test again (it will allow more time for the hormone to build up in your system and be dedected if you are pregnant).

(I hear you on the excitement and reading into things - I think I am guilty of the same thing - I starting charting this month, so hopefully I will be better at reading the signs correctly). Good luck and lots of baby dust.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2005, 01:48 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Hellokitty1973 HB User

On the website I use for Charting, it counts the first day of your cycle the first day you have any red flow or more than just a spot here or there.

I totally read into things all the time and my DH helps add to it.. anytime I start to say I feel sick or anything he says, "mabe you're pregant?" Which is no help at all !!!

As far as a pg test, I would try to wait til the day after you think you should have gotten AF or even more.. the longer you wait, the more HCG will be detected, thus avoiding false negatives!

Good luck!

Old 05-04-2005, 06:08 AM   #4
(female)

Thope HB User

I still haven't started. And I forgot all about the hormone levels when taking a HPT. I'll wait a week or so and let you all know.

Thanks again all,
Tiffany =)

Old 05-04-2005, 11:58 AM   #5
(female)

LindsayO23 HB User
Wink Re: Missed Period?

Hi,

I know what you mean about reading into things especially when you want to be so bad. I am in the same position. I was supposed to have a/f on May 2nd and I still have not started. I took a test yesterday and it was a bfn. I don't know if it is still to early or if it's really negative. I guess all I can do is sit back and wait. Everytime I think I am a run to the store, buy a test...and I start a/f that day or the next. So thats why I did not want to buy one this time..but i feel like I am. I just really pray that this one worked. Well I hope you get what you are looking for!
Good Luck!

Sending BabyDust Your Way

Old 05-05-2005, 07:58 PM   #6
(female)

rachel_shb HB User

Hellokitty,
I couldn't help laughing to read your comment about how DH helps with reading into things. Same thing here!! For the past few days I have been feeling sick and tired, and DH always commented "could it be because you are pregnant?". But it turned out to be another bad PMS. AF came in full force this morning

Good luck for everyone who's trying!!

Rachel

Old 05-06-2005, 07:20 AM   #7
(female)

Thope HB User

Well, I took two pregnacy tests and they were negative, too. =/ And of course, $25 later, I start my period. Well, I think I started... it's sort of started, then stopped... kind of like dark brown (light) spotting. So I then got excited that it was implantation bleeding, but made myself stop because it probably is just my stupid ole' period. :P

Good luck to all of you trying, too!

Maybe next month for me.

Closed Thread