It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2005, 09:42 AM   #1
(female)

nadines HB User
Hi, Im new have a question, help very much appreciated

[FONT=Georgia]Hi ladies, well first id like to wish everyone luck in ttc and send congrats to anyone who has recently gotten a bfp.

I have been ttc for 2 years and had 2 m/c one in jan 04 at 5 months and one in nov 04 at 7 weeks, i also have a son aged 4 called morgan.

Now for my question...please bear with me and apologies if i ramble and lose anyone.

I started temping last month and i know i have a 14 luteal phase and that my temps drop the day before af shows her ugly face. I am currently 15dpo and my temps show no sign or dropping, infact they are slowly rising. I know that 18 high temps usually guarantees pregnancy, well i have 15 (and counting) so far. I tested at 11 dpo using first response and got a bfn, then i tested this morning using clear blue and got another bfn. I am so confused and disappointed. Everyone was convinced id get a bfp including me. :-(

i am under the impression that my luteal phase should remain the same every month and obviusly af not going to show for at least 2 days due to temps that are still high. Has anyone ever had a similar experience or can throw some light onto what may be happening?

Sorry for the long post.

Love
nadine

Old 05-04-2005, 10:01 AM   #2
(female)

DelSol409 HB User
Re: Hi, Im new have a question, help very much appreciated

I think your temps remaining high are a good sign. As for the BFN, there is a good possibility they are wrong. I read recently that 60% of those charting who have gotten pregnant get a BFN around 14 DPO. Since HPTs measure the amount of hCG hormone in your urine, it is highly possible you do not have enough in your system yet to be dedected by the test. I understand the longing to test, but actually the longer you wait, the more confidence you can put into your test results. As much as the tests boast that you can get results up to 5 days before AF is due, it is actually less common to get a BFP so soon (although it does happen).

I would keep monitoring your temps, if they remain up and AF doesn't show, then I would test about 1 week after you expected AF to show up. I would say then you can be reasonably sure of the results. Good luck and lots of baby dust and I hope you get a BFP soon.

Last edited by DelSol409; 05-04-2005 at 10:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread