It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2005, 02:26 AM   #1
(female)

nadines HB User
tem charts always right????

Hi, well im sooo confused to say the least I temperature chart and my luteal phase is always 14 days, today is now 17dpo, my temps show no sign of dropping my i keep getting bfn's. does anyone have ANY idea what could be going on?? I show lots of classic pregnancy symptoms but not even a smidgeon of a line on that test. Has anyone ever had a month wehere the temp experts got it majorly wrong?? Or a HPT come up positive this late??

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Babydust to all

Nadine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2005, 05:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User
Re: tem charts always right????

You can normally test 18dpo but there is all ways a possibility that you are not producing enough hcg for the test to pick up, is it a sensitive test?

Last edited by sammieP; 05-06-2005 at 06:06 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2005, 05:29 AM   #3
(female)

nadines HB User

Hi sammie, i have tried a few different tests, all either 25 miu or 50 miu, all coming up negative. Have been researching into it and everything says that after 18 high temps and a triphasic chart (mine is) there is a 99% chance of pregnancy, im not sure about this though as reality keeps slapping me in the face with those bfn's. I have a docs appt. booked for tuesday so am desperatley holding out until then, hopefully i wont have to wait that long!

LOl

nadine

Old 05-06-2005, 06:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

There are tests out there that check at 10 miu - they are meant to be the best, i think baby start or early response are that sensitive, maybe you should try one of these.

Good luck

Old 05-06-2005, 12:23 PM   #5
(female)

delightful101 HB User

Nadine I am in the same position as you, now 3 days overdue, my temp is still up but I'm still getting BFN's. Do you or anyone know if your temp stays up if you've just missed a period, though I never miss and am always regular, at least before this month? I've been testing with the 25miu but have just tested with the most sensitive 10miu test and still a BFN. I am only 15dpo so I don't know whether this could affect the results. I have no idea what's going on. Help.

Old 05-06-2005, 04:14 PM   #6
(female)

LindsayO23 HB User
Exclamation Re: tem charts always right????

Delightful and Nadine,

Thank gosh girls go thru the same things in life! I am 4 days late on A/F. I took 2 test and they were both negative. Although I only have small symptons of being prego..my bb's are sore(around the nipples) and I sometimes feel sick in the mornings. This could all be in my head..I have no idea. I am always regular and I have not started??? I am going to the doctor next week if I don't have A/F. I wish you luck for a BFP!

*Also...is it better to use a digital test or the line test? b/c i used the digital and it said not prego.. but when I pulled out the stick there was some sorta faint line in the positive side? Any advice?

Old 05-07-2005, 04:13 AM   #7
(female)

nadines HB User

Hi Lindsay

Well firstly just because you got a negative doesnt mean you arent pg. Do you temp or anything? the reason i ask is that ovulation may have occured later than you thought meaning you are not really late, just tested too early, if i were you id test again in 3 days.

As for the digital tests, i have hear that you get 2 lines wetehr you are pg or not, its just the way they work. i prefer the tests that show a 2nd line as the digital ones can also be less sensitive.

I really hope you get your BFP any day now.

LOL

Nadine

Old 05-07-2005, 09:05 PM   #8

caedmyn HB User

My guess is one of two things is happening...either you are pregnant and for whatever reason it just hasn't shown up yet (and I have actually heard of people who went into labor without ever getting a BFP!), or you were pregnant and are going to have an early miscarriage but just haven't started bleeding yet. You could try getting a blood test as they are supposed to be the most accurate.

Good luck!

Old 05-08-2005, 07:29 AM   #9
(female)

delightful101 HB User

Caedmyn, if it was an early miscarriage would my temp stay up, 'cause it has? Also got another BFN today and as tomorrow is 18dpo surely Hcg should be in my system by now.

Thanks for all your help ,

Sue

Old 05-09-2005, 10:26 PM   #10

caedmyn HB User

There's a couple of charts in "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" from early miscarriages where the temperature is high through day 18 and then starts dropping after that. Both those charts have a BFP recorded on day 18.

Any news either way yet?

Old 05-10-2005, 07:07 AM   #11
(female)

delightful101 HB User

Hi caedmyn. No good news I'm afraid. Another BFN yesterday so I now think I may have missed a month for the first time ever. I am hoping that it is just my bodies way of coping with shock as my Dad died 8 weeks ago after a short illness. I don't know whether shock can do this, but I'm hoping that there is no other reason for my missing a period. Can you tell me when you miss a period, does your next one start exactly when it would have if you'd had your missed period. For example, my cycle is usually 29 days so will my next period start the day after CD58? Will my temp drop so that it can go back up to indicate ovulation? What do you or others do regarding monitoring when you have missed a period? I'm scared that I am going to miss all the signs of ovulation because everything seems so confused.

Last edited by delightful101; 05-10-2005 at 07:08 AM.

Old 05-10-2005, 03:33 PM   #12

caedmyn HB User

Stress can definitely make you late or miss a period. Your cycle probably won't start again on any predictable schedule. I've never actually missed a cycle, just had a fairly long one, so I don't know how the temping would work. There are a couple of websites where you can view other peoples charts, so if you can find them, you might find some anovulatory charts to look at.

I really don't know why your temperature would stay up if you didn't ovulate. Has it stayed about the coverline the whole time?

Old 05-11-2005, 04:59 AM   #13
(female)

delightful101 HB User

Hi caedmyn, I've made an appointment to see my GP tomorrow morning so I should have a clearer picture of what has happened then.

My temp has been consisitently at least 0.3C above my coverline, though this morning for the first time in a long time there was a small drop of 0.1C, though it's still 0.2C above my coverline.

I'm glad you told me that it won't start onany predictable schedule as I rather ignorantly presumed that as I'm usually regular that my next period would just follow on as if I hadn't missed one. I haven't been monitoring my CM or CP as when I thought I was pregnant I foolishly let everything slip. I'll have to pick up my game now and do you think I should start using OPK's right away, or wait for some other sign?

Thanks for all your help, Sue .

Old 05-11-2005, 09:07 AM   #14

caedmyn HB User

You might want to wait until you see your doctor. Something has to be causing your temps to stay up. I did read that corpus luteum cysts could cause your luteal phase to be longer than 18 days, so maybe you did actually O and that is the problem. All the anovulatory charts I saw on the internet had temperatures than bounced up and down.

Good luck, and let us know what the doctor says!

Old 05-12-2005, 03:57 PM   #15
(female)

delightful101 HB User

Hi caedmyn, yesterday my temp dropped 0.1C and last night I had brown spotting. Then today temp fell to coverline and along came A/f. I saw my GP who thinks I had an annovulatory cycle. She thinks that it is due to the stress that I've had and that this cycle should be back to normal. She has also arranged for me to have my FSH, LH and progesterone tested on 7dpo, this month and next.

Good luck to you and everyone ttc this month and to everyone who has received a BFN, take care, look after yourself and don't stop trying.

Closed Thread