It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2005, 01:31 PM   #1
(female)

RainyNight HB User
Ovulation scope

Hello ya'll. I am new here so let me tell you a lil about my self.
I am 20 years old, and am trying to concieve. This will be my first month really trying. I unfortunately had an abortion when I was alot younger due to rape. In June of last year I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks. I'm not sure if the abortion thing had anything to do with it, but I hope not. Anyways I have been charting but it seems to be confusing to me, It seems like everyday there is always a change in my temp therefor I can't tell if I am ovulating or not. I have ovulation tests too, but those also confuse me. There is almost always a faint test line, I know they say its negative untill the test line is the same color as the control one right? and then one is supposed to have intercourse within 24 to 36 hrs. But I seen at the store this new thing called ovulation scope that uses saliva and can be used over and over again. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this that might be able to give me any information on helping me to concieve. I would appreciate any feed back. Thank you.

Old 07-09-2005, 09:06 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

tglenn HB User
Re: Ovulation scope

Welcome to the board, I think you'll find a lot of great information here about trying to conceive...I know that I've learned a lot and if anything knowing that I'm not the only one feeling certain things is nice! I have used the ovulation microscope for about a month now and from what I understand when you're ovulating your saliva will form "fern" like structures and when you're not ovulating they'll just be round and separated...although some ladies have had success with seeing ferns, I have yet to see them but I know that I have ovulated due to cm and bbt. So I will continue to look for ferns but there are other ways to help you pinpoint your ovulation. Best wishes and baby dust***!

PS You should always test your saliva first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything and before brushing your teeth.

Last edited by tglenn; 07-09-2005 at 09:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2005, 10:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Hi there and welcome, i have done a post on the ovulation scopes so will bump it up for you, its really interesting.

I would reccomend that if you are going to get a scope you get the one where you can change the batteries otherwise you have to keep re-buying them.

Good luck

Old 07-10-2005, 07:03 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

polbilly HB User

i loved my scope i got pg the first month using it unfortunatly it ended in a miscarriage but i started trying again with it right away now im already 4and a half weeks back to back sucess and i think its b/c of the scope!!! Good luck i hope all goes well for you

Old 07-11-2005, 12:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User

I purchased one a week and a half ago when I got my AF. So far I like it and it seems easy to read. For a while there wasn't much to see but now as I get closer to O I can see things coming together. Mine is the ovulite brand. What does everyone else use? polbilly what is yours called? Maybe some of your luck will rub off on me! congrats on the new confirmed pregnancy and you will be in my prayers that everything works out for you!!

Closed Thread