It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2005, 07:11 PM   #1
(female)

darla987 HB User
Question TTC... After Dermoid ovarian cyst surgery..advice..

Hello,

About 2 months ago ( May 27th) i was diagnosed with having a dermoid ovarian cyst the size of a small basketball ( 14cm by 14cm ). I had my right ovary removed as well as my right fallopian tube... I'm 29, Married, and have not had kids. My husband and are now trying to concieve. The doctor has adviced us to try to concieve, since this can happen again..( ovarian cyst)...

i was wondering if anyone has had an ovarian cyst removed and then became pregnant? If, so how long after your surgery did you concieve? and were there any complications? Was it hard for you to concieve?

The doctor said it was okay to try after 6 weeks from the surgery...
I'm scared that my body may not be ready, but at the same time I do feel ready to have a baby. We have been wanting children for about 2 years now...

if anyone has any advice, concerns, or support i would greatly appreciate it...

thank you,
Darla987

Last edited by darla987; 07-24-2005 at 07:14 PM.

Old 07-25-2005, 05:34 AM   #2
(female)

tropbelle28 HB User
Re: TTC... After Dermoid ovarian cyst surgery..advice..

Hi there
I too had a huge cyst and had my left ovary and fallopian tube removed about 5 years ago and my doc said the same thing to me too - to get pregnant asap as it can happen to the other ovary. But things weren't right at the time to ttc and only now have I got round to it, even though I spent the in between time worrying about it. We have now been trying for 2 months with no success so far but I chart my temps and as far as I can tell I ovulate each month. So far so good. The only problems might be damage to the other ovary and fallopian tube from the surgery and scarring but there would be no way to tell this without u/s and/or more surgery I guess. My plan is to try ttc for 6 months, then go back to the doc and ask for more advice/tests as I was told to see my doc sooner than the usual 1 year of trying if no success.

I did post a question here earlier this year about ttc with 1 ovary and I had a couple of hopeful and positive replies from people who knew people who had conceived with 1 ovary so fingers crossed for both of us!

Good luck - I hope you aren't too sore still. Do you think you are physically ready to have a baby? I know it took me a while to get back to fitness after the op. I just wish I had been able to start ttc earlier but it wasn't to be!

Baby dust to both of us

TB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread