It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2005, 10:55 PM   #1

pgta5 HB User
Anyone else in the 2WW? Want to wait together?

The anxiety each month is killing me! Anyone else in their 2 week window and want to wait together?

I am 30 years old. TTC baby #2. I have a DS who just turned 6. We are hoping to give him a sibling. This is our 3rd month trying. DS happened "accidently" so we were expecting (foolishly) to conceive on the first try? LOL! I guess that age is more of a factor than I thought it would be! Maybe stress too!

I am on cycle day 18. Normally a 28 day cycle. I am expecting AF on August 31st. I hope she doesn't show.

Is is too soon to be having symptoms? I have extremely sore nipples which is not normal during this part of my cycle. I don't think it psychological but who knows. We just came back from travel abroad so maybe the flying is affecting my cycle!

I would love to connect w/ someone who is in a similiar place! Tons of baby dust to you all!

Old 08-20-2005, 05:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User
Re: Anyone else in the 2WW? Want to wait together?

I am not in my tww but our stories are so similar. I too am 30 and trying for #2 although my ds is only 2 and a half. He wasn't an accident but was conceived on the first try and we too thought #2 would be the same. I guess it was in a way as I had a m/c the first month we tried again and now have had 3 unsucessful cycles since then. I feel bad complaining about only 4 months of trying when others have been so much longer but I didn't want to have a huge gap between my kids (2.5 years or so was what I wanted).
Good luck to you and hopefully your tww ends with BFP!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2005, 08:24 AM   #3

pgta5 HB User

I so understand about not wanting to complain! I have several...4 friends...who are not able to conceive. I have learned that things don't always go according to my plan! LOL! I too was hoping for about 4 years between children. Now we are looking at 7 or 8 if we are so blessed!

My DS now is old enough to ask for a sibbling as most of his friends have baby brothers or sisters! One day I went to pick him up from school...he was "playing" with the baby dolls. When the teacher asked what activity he was doing he replied, "I'm getting ready for my baby brother!" She asked me if there was something I needed to share! LOL! This was about 6 months ago....and we don't ever talk about TTC w/ him at all! I guess it really is something internal! Too funny!

I'm sorry to hear about your m/c. Unfortunately it seems that m/c is a very common occurance.

Thank you for replying! I hope you have a BFP soon too!

Best of luck to all!

Old 08-20-2005, 09:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

At 2 my ds is already talking about wanting a baby sister. When I was pg, before the m/c we talked abit about it with him...just wondered what he had to say. He told us he 'needed' a baby sister. Funny eh!
My m/c happened before I'd really adjusted to being pg (I was 11 days late and had only the day before had a faint positive hpt....at 2 days late it was a BFN). I wasn't that upset about it at the time...well upset but not grieving or anything like some women seem to have. But as time goes on I feel more and more anxious and angry that I can't seem to get pg.
I am now trying vitex, robitussin and evening primrose oil to help. I don't seem to have a problem with O but it is later than it used to be and my cm is not very fertile looking.
Here's to hoping this is your month and that I'll meet you at the pg board in a month or so!!!

Old 08-20-2005, 10:20 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

tglenn HB User

I am currently in my ovulation window so I guess you can say my 2ww has began. My breasts are already tender and this usually doesn't happen until the week before af, I know its too early for symtoms so maybe its the Lh hormone that's making them this way but I know its not in my head b/c I wasn't even looking for it, I bumped one accidently and it was pretty tender so I checked the other one and it felt the same way. Anyhow...pgta5, I'll wait with you! My af is due Sept. 5ish of a 31-35 day cycle! ***BABY DUST***

Old 08-20-2005, 09:11 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

JustDance HB User

Tglenn, I'm also just starting my 2ww, af due around Sept 4.

I can relate to some of the other sentiments on this post, in that I got pg on the first try at the beginning of the year (my 1st pg) which unfortunately ended in ectopic. It took me a few months to gather the courage up to ttc again, and silly me thought it would happen on the first try again - not so - 3 months w/bfn, and getting sad because I know we can get pg, just not happening - maybe, hopefully this month. I think stress may be playing a role. How do you all manage to muster up the will to stay so positive? It's getting tough, because everyone around me is pg and having babies.

Old 08-22-2005, 05:11 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

I don't muster a lot of strength to stay positive anymore. The last few arrivals of af I've done though..oh well, guess I can have a few drinks and party at this wedding or that party etc. But now, summer is almost over, I return to work in a few weeks and wish that I'd be announcing my good news when I do. I guess we all have to keep in mind that in can take a healthy women up to 6 months to conceive at any given time.
Chin up ladies...we can do this...we can populate the world!!!!!

Old 08-22-2005, 09:40 AM   #8

pgta5 HB User

Ladies, how are things going? J..too funny! I don't know about populating the world but maybe our neighborhood!

We just returned from visiting family abroad and I feel fortunate to live where I do and have the opportunities I do. My in-laws neighbor has been trying to conceive for over 15 years. They can't financially afford the treatment they need! She loves my DS and all children tremendously. You're right it's difficult to stay positive when AF arrives but I have to think there's a reason...even if I don't understand it quite yet!

I'm on CD 21..just about a week to go! I also am a teacher and have about another week off! Hoping to start the school year w/ happy news...not that I will share just yet! I had a lot of morning sickness for about 4 months w/ DS so am expecting the same if I am lucky enough to become pregnant again! At least the ladies room is close!

Still having a lot of nipple soreness. Hoping that is a good sign as it has never begun this early and lasted this long! We'll see! I did read it's possible to have breast changed right away! Maybe wishfull thinking!

Have a good week! Loads of baby dust your way!
-P

Old 08-22-2005, 04:12 PM   #9
(female)

AngelaSue HB User

I too am exactly where you are. I'm due for my AF on Aug. 31st as well, and also have a 28 day cycle. I'm 33 and this will be child #2 if my husband and I are blessed, I have a 9 year old boy who desperately wants a baby brother/sister. We've been trying for about 4 months, but have been more serious about it this month. From the beginning of my AF this past month, I have been taking Evening Primrose Oil 1000 mg/day, as well as drinking a cup of Green Tea with Orange and SGS (suppose to be good for fertility), and then about a week before I knew I was to ovulate, I started the Robitussin cough syrup 3X/day, up until I stopped ovulating. I'm very anxious and so impatient to find out, yet on the flip side, I'm really trying to stay calm and not think about it so much. I try to stay busy which helps keep my mind off of TTC. I wish everyone the best of luck this month. I have been coming on these boards for about 2 months now, I love all the great information everyone has to offer. A little over a week to go before testing. Baby dust to all!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-23-2005, 06:47 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Location: Minnesota, just moved from California where I lived my whole life.
polarized13 HB User

Hi Ladies!

I will join the ttw with you. I'm on cd 20 right now, and due on Aug 31st too. I'm 35, but I'm turning 36 in two weeks ~ my clock is ticking so loud, it's hurting my ears!! LOL I've been feeling a little nautious, and my boobs have been sore, but I could be just fooling myself. I have a 12 year old son, and a 6 year old daughter, and my husband and I have been ttc for sooooo long, like four years off and on. I've become frustrated, and stopped thinking about it, and then gone back because the desire never goes away. I'm working with a Reproductive Endocrinologist now.

I'm glad to see you're hanging in there Jordyn, I knew you would...( Jordyn and I both had miscarriages back in the beginning of the summer)

lots of baby dust to all of you!!

~~heather~~

Old 08-25-2005, 01:54 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

JustDance HB User

Don't you think its kind of unfair that some of the early pg signs are so similar to PMS signs? When I'm in the 2ww, I'll think - hey, my boobs are sore and swollen - and then AF will arrive, and I realize it was just PMS. Hopefully that doesn't happen this month, because its a bit early for PMS (AF due Sept 4) and my boobs are definitely swollen right now.

Wishing baby dust to all!!

Old 08-25-2005, 08:34 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Location: Minnesota, just moved from California where I lived my whole life.
polarized13 HB User

Yes! It's miserable that you have to go through the time not knowing. But I have a couple of tips for you, all you need is a thermometer. If your (waking) temperature is continuing to rise after say cd 12 -16, and it dropped, prior to that, you can be pretty sure you've ovuated, and you could be pg.

But, like in my case, if your temps stay down, (below your coverline) you may not have ovuated, and aunt flow is on her way. My R.E. says that I didn't ovuate this month based on my temps. And I'm getting cramps, so I should be seeing aunt flow in a few days. I'm soo sick of this. I really want to give up sometimes.

good luck to the rest of you,

~~heather~~

Old 08-26-2005, 08:16 AM   #13
(female)

hulagal68 HB User

I am 11 DPO, and today I took a HPT and it was negative. My AF is due 8/29 (monday). I have a 28 day cycle. So I just have to wait a few more days to make sure I am negative.
I posted yesterday that I am having different symptoms than usual. I have had a creamy lotion-y CM from the time my temp spiked (tri-phasic) to today. The thing is that my temp dipped for 3 days after tri-phasic, and now it's back up this morning to the original tri-phasic temp. I hear that sometimes there's a dip in temps when implantation takes place, {removed}If I did just implant 2 days ago, it's possible that my HcG levels aren't high enough to detect with a HPT.

Just playing the waiting game and restraining from having good stiff drink tonight!!

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 08-26-2005 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Please makes a new thread for your question

Old 08-26-2005, 10:29 PM   #14

pgta5 HB User

I also gave in and tested today..although I have 5 more days until estimated AF arrival. It was negative as well. It's such a disappointment. I was reading about women who got a postive result at 8 days dpo and I guess it was wishful thinking.

I am still having symptoms. Had some cramping today but may very well be AF on her way. I am truly hoping it is not! I have 2 more tests at home and will try to restrain myself from testing until AF is actually late. Is it possible? LOL!

These are the times I am very regretful about having waited 6 years to try again for another child. I hope my time will come again. I am truly greatful to have one healty DS. I know what a miracle that is!

Hope you ladies are doing well! Keep us posted on your aptitude for will power! I obviously have none! My DH is so positive! He just says when and if our time comes it will be right! NO worries! I SOOOOO wish I was like him ! I'm a bit on the obsessive compulsive side!

Sending tons of baby dust your ways!

P

Old 08-27-2005, 07:14 AM   #15
(female)

hulagal68 HB User

I am wishing good thoughts for all to concieve soon.

I took my temp this morning and it was down almost a full degree, which means AF will come tomorrow. and I am having some cramping this morning. This is our 5th month trying.
so...
We'll try one more month and if no pregnancy happens, I think it's time to go see a Dr. My b-friend and I are both 36. Neither of us has kids. We might want to start checking if we are both able-bodied.

I do all the right things: eat right, exercise, cut down on caffiene and booze, take vitamins, and try not to stress too much (it's hard when you live in NYC though), and have lots of sex right around fertile time. Plus I am temping and doing the mucus watch.

Most of my mommy friends all got pregnant on the first try! So I was trying to live up to that standard. It's hard and I don't really want to tell any of my friends that I'm trying and failing. My b-friend can only take hearing about my temperature and symptoms so much. That's why this board is so great. I can vent and gut put it out there!

Thanks for reading (or not reading)

Closed Thread