It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2005, 01:02 PM   #1
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 252
WhyIsThisMyLife HB User
No Period - Pregancy Test Negative



I don't know what to think. I am at day 33 of my cycle and I have not come on my period. Also, I took two over-the-counter pregancy tests one on day 30 of my cycle and one on day 32 of my cycle (which state you can test up to four days prior to your period) and they both came back negative. I have been tracking my cycle on an online program for over a year. My cycle generally lasts from 27 days to 30 days. I have been regular all my life and even when doctors have given me depo shots or put me on pills to stop me from coming on my period (due to my anemia) it has never worked. It might delay it, but I still come on each month. This month I used an over-the-counter ovulation test to detect ovulation. The middle of my cycle would have been August 14th, but I didn't detect my LH surge (which detects upcoming ovulation) until around the 17th. My DH and I had sex for four days straight around the time of upcoming ovulation and maybe even on the day of ovulation. So, I know the timing was right. I would like to be pregnant, but scared to get my hopes up. Can those tests be wrong or maybe my period is late because I ovulated late? The test says its 99% accurate. I'm not under any stress and even when I have been under a tremendous amount of stress in the past, my period was still pretty regular. I had what I thought was before period cramping seven days ago. I don't feel different or like I am pregnant and it doesn't feel like I am about to come on. I just feel normal.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 08-20-2005, 01:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: london
Posts: 608
layla= HB User
Re: No Period - Pregancy Test Negative

hiya hun,
I can really sympaphise with you, its nearly 2 years since i began ttc, and still nothing!! For the last few months my cycle days have been off the wall 33 days then 38 days then 29 days,(have been 28 days for 3 days for the last 2 years) lets see what this month brings, obvious im still not expecting!
The last year i been tracking as you say and using o- predictors and still nothing, this last month i said to DH that i needed a break its doing my head in especially when im late and its bfn, i dont think i can take much more emotionally.
i hope you feel better knowing that my menstrual cycle is reeking as much havok as yours, all the best.
Lots a baby dust
layla

Last edited by layla=; 08-20-2005 at 01:38 PM.

 
Old 08-20-2005, 02:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 931
Jordyn HB User
Re: No Period - Pregancy Test Negative

I am a bit confused...if the middle of your cycle wasn't until Aug. 14 then you shouldn't expect af until Aug. 28 as you ovulate 14 days (or so) before af arrives. But maybe I'm reading your post wrong or you have your dates wrong there...anyway. If you didn't detect your surge until 4 days after you normally would then you shouldn't expect af until atleast 4 days after this but likely even longer since, from what I gather, the surge indicates impending O that will occur within 24-48 hours.
Let us know your dates again and maybe we can help.
Good luck!

 
Old 08-20-2005, 06:45 PM   #4
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 252
WhyIsThisMyLife HB User
Re: No Period - Pregancy Test Negative

You are right! I totally screwed up on reporting the dates. The middle of my cycle was August 1st. (That would have been day 14 of my cycle). I detected my LH surge on August 5th (day 18 of my cycle), so I probably ovulated August 6th or 7th. I expected my period on It's late even if I am confused I keep track of it on an online system. I figure if last Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday (August 15, 16 or 17). I would like to be pregnant even though after I took the pregnancy test and it was negative, I drank three glasses of wine two nights in a row, so that scares me. The test says 99% accurate. I guess chances are I could be in the 1% category. I just don't feel any different.

 
Old 08-20-2005, 06:54 PM   #5
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 152
Marie M HB User
Re: No Period - Pregancy Test Negative

It is possible that you just have an unusual cycle this month. I remember once, when I was still a virgin, getting very scared and calling my mom because I was a week and a half late on my period, and I had always had really regular ones. I ended up starting 2 weeks late, for no reason at all!!! I was getting ready to go to the doctors because I was so concerned, but my mother had told me that the same thing happened to her a few times, where she for no reason at all was 2 weeks late after being very regular, so maybe it's genetic? All I know is there was no reason for it. So, there is a chance that your cycle could be late for no reason at all, and would have changed your ovulation date, which would be the reason you didn't detect a surge.
Best of luck and prayers to you!

 
Old 08-20-2005, 07:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 931
Jordyn HB User
Re: No Period - Pregancy Test Negative

If you O'd on the 6th or 7th then you aren't officially late yet which could mean that there isn't enough hormone in your system to detect it yet. If you don't get af by Mon. I would try another test. The period like cramping 7 days ago could have been implantation.
Good luck to you!!!

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
when is it time to test for pregancy after IUI? subomi Infertility 2 02-03-2009 02:34 PM
HELP! Could I be pregnant? girlflash Pregnancy-Teen 5 12-28-2008 09:22 PM
Where is my period?! Trustn Birth Control 7 01-31-2008 11:03 AM
period unusually different..could i be pregnant? JenRas05 Women's Health 3 12-30-2007 02:23 PM
My period is late daly41 Birth Control 7 11-12-2007 06:23 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



ladybug _crazy (9), Chrissy26 (3), yitzriv (2), Administrator (1), Altson (1), millyz_madness (1), fallen_angel (1), Sprout07 (1), h19 (1), Ashley9045 (1)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1004), Apollo123 (903), Titchou (847), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (759), ladybud (754), sammy64 (668), midwest1 (668), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:15 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!