It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2005, 02:06 PM   #1
(female)

miffy HB User
Robitussin & Evening Primrose Oil

Hi,

Could someone please help?

(1) Robitussin - which one? how much to take per day?
(2) Evening Primrose Oil - how much dosage (mg) per day?

Thanks.

Miffy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2005, 02:18 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

dsleik HB User
Re: Robitussin & Evening Primrose Oil

i just read from {removed} , robittusin does not do anything to aid in pregnancy or the production of CM. its a myth...theres alot out there. primrose oil is true, however im not sure the dosage. good luck...i think if youre ttc, the best bet would be ovulation predictors, making sure you take folic acid, prenatals, healthy diet, etc
good luck!!

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 09-08-2005 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Read posting rules. No websites.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2005, 10:36 AM   #3
(female)

AngelaSue HB User

I believe the info regarding Robitussin is conflicting....I know of many women who have gotten pregnant while taking Robitussin....but who's to say it was that, or just plain ol nature finally taking it's course. I personally am taking it 3X/day (morning, afternoon, evening before bed) I also take the following which I read up on and is supposed to aid in conceiving.....

Evening Primrose Oil: 1000 mg/day
Vitex (aka...chasteberry): 800 mg/day
Folic acid: 800 mcg/day plus what ever is in the Prenatal vitamin

Now the folic acid along with the B6 vitamin, B12 vitamin are all in Prenatal vitamins...and are especially important if you're trying to conceive.

My husband is also taking my prenatal vitamins along with me....I have read up on what the man can take as well to help...and everything that's in our Prenatal vitamins are needed for the man as well....my husband actually likes to take them, because he notices a difference in how he feels during the day,,,more energetic.... If your husband/boyfriend are not taking this now, it doesn't hurt to start....

Old 09-09-2005, 11:05 AM   #4
(female)

miffy HB User

Hi AngelaSue, thanks for the info. Which Robitussin should I take? There are so many of them.

Closed Thread