HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Trying to Conceive (TTC) (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/trying-conceive-ttc/)
-   -   BFN need advice please!!!!! (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/trying-conceive-ttc/334736-bfn-need-advice-please.html)

cad2 10-22-2005 07:48 AM

BFN need advice please!!!!!

I have done four hpt now, I have had two very very faint positives and two very definate negatives one which was just this morning. I am about 3 to 5 days late now which I normally am not, and have to say I have been feeling awful. I have woken up with hot flashes in the middle of the night have been feeling sick to my stomach lower back pain. I was also told I had a uti infection this month and am on antibiotics ( it was that dr. that thought I might be pregnant and told me to test after a few days). I have been charting my temps this month and I have had high temps 17 days after ovulation. Can anyone offer some advice I am so confused as to wether I am p or not. Shouldn't a test show a definate positive by now.....

Marie M 10-22-2005 08:34 AM

Re: BFN need advice please!!!!!

hey, everyone is different, you may be pg w/o enough HCG yet. Especially if you have 17 dpo of high temps!!!!!! I've heard 18 just about guarentees pg!! and don't worry if they're not tri-phasic, i got a bfp while temps stayed in the leuteal phase. I'd go to you doc and request a blood pg test.... then you'll know for sure

Cupcake3 10-22-2005 09:55 AM

hello

I am now 6 days late. I have a bad cold as well. headache, lowerback pain, mild cramping which comes and goes. I did a test yesterday and it was BFN. I am not taking anything for the cold in case I am P, just taking tylenol, I did not want to harm anything. I am normally good with AF. I can chart it on a graph and always determine when it is due. M/C april this year was 13 weeks and had a d/c. Second D/C in June. Dr did not get everything out. Been fine ever since.

do you think I should try another HPT test? I have not told my BF did not want to alarm anyone. I want to be sure. Last month thought I was P and felt I made a fool of myself with the Dr. I had a mammogram on Oct 4th.

any thoughts anyone, I am confused of what to do.

cad2 10-22-2005 12:37 PM

You might want to wait a few more days, I have been going on a rampage with the hpt and I can't even tell you how much money I have spent. I never get the same answer so wait a day or two then take another one.

Cupcake3 10-22-2005 02:36 PM

Well, AF arrived later today. NO P this month, back to TTC......

Best of baby dust to you all!!!!

JustDance 10-23-2005 05:00 PM

Earlier this month, I was 5 days late and that NEVER happens to me, during those 5 days I was testing a bunch, and think I tricked myself into seeing a very very very faint second line, and then tests which were obviously neg. Then on day 6, AF arrived - it was so sad! Since I'm never late, I though for sure I was pg, even though I didn't feel any pg symptoms. So now we're TTC again, and again, and again.