It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board

TTC after a miscarriage

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2005, 07:16 PM   #1
chysmom
Veteran
(female)

chysmom HB User
Exclamation TTC after a miscarriage

Hello
I just miscarried about a wk ago but got the ok to ttc again and I was curious if anyone out there has concieved right away after a m/c and if they were ok. Carried the baby to term I mean. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2005, 08:21 PM   #2
FairyMagick
Inactive
(female)

FairyMagick HB User
Re: TTC after a miscarriage

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I also had one September. And tried again this month but af came I have also wondered this same question. Good luck to you!

Old 10-29-2005, 09:14 PM   #3
chysmom
Veteran
(female)

chysmom HB User

I am sorry for you loss and I hope we both get BFP soon! I am just so concerned if I do get pg right after that I will m/c again. I have been told that it doesnt make a diff but than told it does. HELP!!!!

Old 10-30-2005, 07:51 AM   #4
Running Queen
Veteran
(female)

Running Queen HB User

I am also in the same boat. I've heard of women on this board who didn't get their period after their m/c and found out they were pregnant. They wen't full term. So there is hope for us lady's!

Jen

Old 10-30-2005, 08:30 AM   #5
chysmom
Veteran
(female)

chysmom HB User

Its nice to hear that other ppl didnt wait the 2 mos after their m/c to ttc again. I keep hearing how I should wait and such but the Dr said my body could handle it if I do get pg again. Thanks!

Old 10-30-2005, 08:53 AM   #6
roxyfoxy
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

If you only had one miscarriage, the risk is low that you will have another one. If you have had multiple miscarriages I would say their may be a problem and its not a good idea to try right away. Then again your doctor would have told you that. Many women have one or 2 miscarriages during childbirth years, its very common, but it doesn't mean you can't conceive again or that you will have more problems.

Go for it ladies and good luck! And Don't forget to have fun trying!

Old 10-30-2005, 10:50 AM   #7
weepyone
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

hi
i waited i month as my doc said the lining after a m/c may n ot be very good and hence may lead to problems with implantation and i did not want to take the risk so i had one af and started ttc again and got bfp that month. although you will find many people on here who got pg straight after m/c so i guess it is down to you, i just found it useful to have a period as then i knew what was going on with my body. good luck ttc

Old 10-30-2005, 02:55 PM   #8
zekat
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User

I'm not to term yet, but I am 31 weeks I had a miscarriage at the end of March & was pregnant again immediately. I got my BFP at the end of April So far things have been great w/ no complications at all
Good luck to all of you TTC!!

Old 10-31-2005, 12:03 AM   #9
FairyMagick
Inactive
(female)

FairyMagick HB User

I have heard that after a m/c a woman's body becomes more fertile, not sure if this is true, but I have heard this several times.

Old 10-31-2005, 09:31 AM   #10
Angela M
(female)

Angela M HB User

I had a miscarriage around Thanksgiving of 2003 and was pregnant by Christmas 2003. I got pregnant definitely right away and went on to have a great pregnancy with no problems. I went full term and had a beautiful, healthy little boy in Aug 2004. It can happen and be problem free.

Good luck!
Angela

Old 11-01-2005, 04:58 AM   #11
gr8testdiva
(female)

gr8testdiva HB User

I had a m/c in July at 9 weeks.

My OB said to wait a full month after I got AF. Luckily, AF came on time and I've been regular in that regard. However, I'm still not PG!

It's very stressful, I know, for you and DH. Just hang in there. That's what we're trying to do. What is even more frustrating is that I got PG after the first try and we had only BD 2 times. So it CAN happen....

Baby dust for all!

Old 11-01-2005, 02:58 PM   #12
jade573
(female)

jade573 HB User

i was in the same boat as you all i miscarried in sep 4th was 5 1/2 wks along and got pregnant before doc told me to wait so it was a surprise to us both but i had an ultrasound at 6 wks this time and everything is going great. i am showing already alittle. my doc said that i really wasnt that far along to really worry but she did the u/s any ways just to be safe. but everything great i am 9 wks as of sun. so i think it just depends on how far along you are. good luck to you all. juat a reminder me and my husband got married last year on sept 4th and have been trying a yr when i finally got preg. and the n boom i was preg again after just doing it one time. my doc said if god wants it to be he will make it be. i guess she was right. good luck to you all.

Old 11-01-2005, 03:04 PM   #13
tamaraheiner
(female)

tamaraheiner HB User

i didn't get pg right away after my m/c...

i had a m/c in march at 11wks. my dr recommended waiting at least one cycle but we asked why? and he said just for counting and if we don't want to wait, fine. so we didn't. but we also didn't get pg. it took us three more months and then at the end of may/ beginning of june it happened. everything is doing well...i'm 24 wks now and there is definitely a happy kicking baby in there.

give your body some time to just do its thing...we didn't have to prevent it, my body got pg again when it was ready.

Closed Thread