It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board

clearblue fertility monitor, Cycle ONE...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2005, 08:05 AM   #1
mcgregorb
(female)

mcgregorb HB User
Question clearblue fertility monitor, Cycle ONE...

I was simply curious for those who have used the clearblue fertility monitor to accurately measure when you O ...
On the FIRST cyle you used it, did it automatically register Cycle Day 12 as the 1st day for a "High" fertile day? It could very well be accurate, but there's a small part of me that wonders if somehow it doesn't yet "know" my cycle yet & is starting the High Fertile cycle now, with the "assumption" that my Peak Day will be Day 14. If it's accurate, then super!! But is there a possiblitly that it is assuming the start of a Highly Fertile phase which could last 5 or so days before it goes into Peak mode??

Thoughts, anyone?

Thanks, and good luck to everyone on a successful baby-making month!!

Last edited by mcgregorb; 10-31-2005 at 08:17 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2005, 10:26 AM   #2
lbp35
Senior Veteran
(female)

lbp35 HB User
Re: clearblue fertility monitor, Cycle ONE...

My first month of using it, it was low for a couple days then went straight to peak.This month it worked well starting at day 8 was low until day 10-12 it was high.I had very wet cm during the high period.Day 13 was peak & hardly any cm at all.I wondered if I o'd on day 12 later in the day.This seems likely to me.I do like the monitor and I hope it helps us conceive.But if you are having a few high days, I would bd a few times in this period also because sometimes the egg can show within 24 hours and you don't want to miss it!Good luck & lots of baby dust~

Old 10-31-2005, 12:40 PM   #3
mcgregorb
(female)

mcgregorb HB User

lbp35: Thank you for replying with your personal insight!! I always think the most beneficial responses are from those who are actually following the same methods of TTC, so I appreciate hearing about your experiences.
From CD 6 right through to CD 11, I got all Low fertilitiy. But today, CD 12, I got my first "High" -- that, in conjunction with wet CM tells me I "should" be O'ing any day now. I used to have pretty standard 27-29 day cycles, but for the past 4 months, they've become really erratic -- 35 days one month, 29 the next. Last month was at 28 days, and based on that, (and the fact that MAYBE I'm finally back on track with my regular cycles and not O'ing all over the place) I should O on Wednesday, which would make the Clearblue correct that today was in fact a High fertile day. It seems to be accurate; but, since I've heard that for some women it can stay in the High range for upwards of 5 or more days and sometimes NEVER reach a Peak day, I was playing Miss Cynic & wondering if it was indeed telling me the truth :-), or simply giving me some kind of "1st-Cycle-Automated-Response" until it REALLY picked up on my hormone levels later in the month.
Nonetheless, it looks like everything is on target & DH and I will be BD'ing today and Wed. -- I suppose we're in the "Every-other-day-Camp" so as not to get rid of all the good ones on the wrong day and leaving none for the RIGHT day!
How do you feel about that?

Do you think it's ok to BD every day to increase chances?

Last edited by mcgregorb; 10-31-2005 at 12:42 PM.

Old 10-31-2005, 02:19 PM   #4
lbp35
Senior Veteran
(female)

lbp35 HB User

Just keep an eye on your cm too, because of what happened with me & the monitor. I had alot of cm on my high days.If you bd on your high days with fertile cm, I would say thats just as good as peak day since the sperm will be waiting. Every other day is good too. Before I got the monitor, I tried every day starting at day 9, by day 14-15 I wasn't even in the mood and was very sore!LOL The sperm can stay alive for a few days too so you should be okay there. If you feel like it bd on peak day and the day after just to be safe. I have heard of people getting like 5 days of high also but I never did. The longest I had was 3 then peak except for the first time I used it.It was low then right to peak so who knows. I wasn't having alot of luck with the sticks so hopefully this will work.I have been getting so discouraged like it will never happen for me.My dh has low morphology but the doc says not low enough to be concerned. But I am starting to wonder.Let me know how it goes with the monitor.With that & watching your cm, you should get that bfp soon!Good luck!

Old 11-06-2005, 03:59 PM   #5
mcgregorb
(female)

mcgregorb HB User

Well, I have to say that my cynicism was right on! High. High. High. High. High. High. That's what my fert monit showed me every day this week. I ws beginning to lose hope that I'd ever get that much anticipated Peak day, and dreaded the thought of not O'ing this month. Lo & behold, today, CD 18, it was now or never because my DH is going on a business trip early tomorrow a.m. for the entire week! Well, the ovulation gods must have decided to give me a break at the nth hour, because I finally got that much anticipated PEAK reading! So, we BD'd this a.m. and hope to BD again tonight since DH has to wake up at 4a.m. tomorrow to get on his way for the business trip. Fingers crossed that this is our month...and yours too!!

Old 11-07-2005, 05:53 AM   #6
lbp35
Senior Veteran
(female)

lbp35 HB User

Thats great news!Good luck to you! I think the monitor is a good idea.Maybe without it you wouldn't have known O was going to be late.Maybe cause you were stressing about it! Have fun bd!Lots of baby dust!

Old 11-07-2005, 09:46 AM   #7
mcgregorb
(female)

mcgregorb HB User

That is exactly what I was thinking, too! I felt like I was stressing so much about it that I scared O away! Thank goodness for the fert monitor or else I never would have known, and it would have been another bust month!!
Are you in your 2ww yet this month?
We haven't seriously been trying for more than about a few months (been trying loosely for about 8), but I think if we get a BFN this month, I will have DH go for a sperm analysis. I hear it's the easiest test to get out of the way before delving into any issues the woman may have. What exactloy is low morphology -- reduced counts of the "ideal" sperm?
The waiting game for al of us is tough & can be discouraging, but these boards are a wonderful support!! Babydust rto you, & all around!!

Last edited by mcgregorb; 11-07-2005 at 09:47 AM.

Old 11-09-2005, 05:06 AM   #8
bronicagirl
Veteran
(female)

bronicagirl HB User

Im in my 1st 2ww using the monitor (im taking part in a uk fertility trial with a big university so i have to use the monitor). 1st cycle using the monitors dont always be spot on, as the monitor has to get used to you.
I had lows from cd 6 to cd 13-14. I then went strait from low to peak. I did indeed ovulate on cd 15. So they are very good.

Old 11-09-2005, 08:53 AM   #9
mcgregorb
(female)

mcgregorb HB User

Thanks, bronicagirl! I'm now in the 2ww, too! Good luck to you!!
It's helpful to hear others' experiences with the fert monitor. According to my 2 peak days falling on CD18 and CD19, and my temps rising, I apparently O'd on CD18. At least, that is what a {removed} told me. I would have thought that if I got my 1st Peak on CD18 that I O'd on CD19. But assuming I O'd on CD18 {removed} , my chances of getting a BFP are "good" (not great) since we BD'd on CD 17a.m. and CD18 a.m. & p.m. But my DH went on a business trip the next a.m., so we couldn't up our chances and BD on CD19. Still, I'm hopeful that this will be our month.
I do love the fert monitor .... I don't think I could keep up BBT'ing forever, and besides, if one's cycle is off by a couple days here and there from month to month, one wouldn't get a very accurate picture of when one O's.
Here's to sprinkling babydust to both of us & hoping that we both get BFP's this month!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 11-09-2005 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Read posting rules.No websites.

Old 11-09-2005, 10:01 AM   #10
lbp35
Senior Veteran
(female)

lbp35 HB User

Mcgregorb,
I am or should I say was in the 2ww. AF came 1 week early, well she's trying to come.I have some brown/red spotting so I guess it's not my month again.To top it off, I feel very fluish.I was thinking bad pms symptoms but now I think more like the flu...very tired. Then I thought maybe I could be pg, but no other symptoms.So here's hoping a BFP for you! And I would definately get the SA test if nothing else, it can't hurt!Good luck~

Old 11-10-2005, 05:16 AM   #11
0603david
Veteran

0603david HB User

I can't say enough about my monitor. I always had weird cycles from 30 days to 36 days. My monitor was dead on every month, and 14 days later I would start my period. However, I got pregnant twice in 6 months (one miscarriage) while using it and the cm always coincided. Good luck!
Jen

Old 11-15-2005, 07:42 AM   #12
latebloomer
(female)

latebloomer HB User

I'm on my second month using monitor and had the same issues all of you shared. My SIL got prego on her second month using monitor - so we decided to purchase one. My first month I was High for 3 days than I peaked on cd 16. Unfortunately we did not get to BD on peak day....so we're still trying . My issue is I'm on cd 15 and it hasn't even read High yet. Last month I peaked on cd 16. So this month it could just go straight to peak and not have high days. I have had an LH surge on CD 14 every month since June using sticks, so I'm not sure what is happening. Guess I'll wait to see what it reads tomorrow on cd 16 - I could just go straight to peak.

I have got my cycle to 28 days for the past 3 months in a row with the help of acupuncuture. So hopefully we're getting closer to catching that egg!

- latebloomer

Old 11-15-2005, 08:19 AM   #13
mcgregorb
(female)

mcgregorb HB User

latebloomer -- puzzling about the results of your fert monitor this month. Perhaps you should BD on the fertile period around which you THINK you would be O'ing (CD 14-17), & continue on using the monitor just in case your cycle has somehow changed and has pushed your O date back for some reason? Also, is it possible that this month is anovulatory for you? Perhaps all the pressure has just given you an off month where the egg has decided to remain cooped up. Good luck this month, and keep me posted.
I'm still in my 2ww -- I'm only 7DPO and the wait to test is killing me!! If the stars are aligned for me and DH this month (fingers crossed), we will have the best Thanksgiving ever!

Last edited by mcgregorb; 11-15-2005 at 08:21 AM.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:28 AM   #14
Blastoff9600
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

Latebloomer,look at what is going on in your life right now....I know strange but stress can effect when you ovulate. Read the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility it explains in detail that stress can throw off ovulation. If there are new women in your life such as work etc that can also throw things off.
Best bet is to just be patient and see what happens.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 11-15-2005, 09:34 AM   #15
latebloomer
(female)

latebloomer HB User

AMAZING, thanks to you both! Yes there is some stress and it has to do with women Today, however I am getting my peace back, because I am learning to go where I'm celebrated and stick with those that support me and genuinely care about me. You hit it Blastoff!

Just came back from my acupunturist. The work was to stimulate ovulation. I went into such a deep relaxation state and let the stress melt away.

Thanks, glad I rejoined this board, its nice to know I'm not alone.

BTW, I have an interview today...and I'm calm and filled with peace !

Best of luck to all of us!

-latebloomer

Closed Thread