It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2005, 08:09 AM   #1
(female)

qteepie2005 HB User
Needs ways to increase chances of getting a BFP

Hello that ugly aunt of mine finally shjowed her face after being five days late.She should've just came on time instead of coming when she feels like it.Yep DH and I BD the night before and i had immediate cramps right after and the next morning she showed up with full force, but she later left at the end of th day but she came back the next day but it was extremly lighter (still needed a pad ) but it was completely gone by 7pm.Very strange period that I questioned to be implantion bleeding but after some HPT with BFN i gave up.DH and I want to make this the month and want to do everything possible to make sure it happens.I have been taking my temps and using the Ovulating sticks.No cervical mucus yet, my period is now out of wack so i am trying to listen to my body .Is there anything else i can be doing to help increase my chances.Things i need to take ,ways to BD,and things Dh should be doing. He thinks he has low sperm count and totally blames himself we arent pregnant yet and it hurts when he gets like that .Because the more BFN we get the more depressed he gets and I am trying to keep a positive mind but it just gets hard.

Sorry post soo long but I want a little baby and its so hard to see EVERYONE in the world with a little baby or pregnant. seeing all the baby shows and commercials that you never realized until now, does put a strain on a couple

BABY DUST****************Love you all bye

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2005, 09:15 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

chysmom HB User
Re: Needs ways to increase chances of getting a BFP

Hello
I know that the best way to BD or at least when he **** is for you to be in the doggie style position that way the sperm is closer to the cervix also I have heard zinc is sapposed to help a man with his sperm. A few girls I know are having their men take it someone dr said its sapposed to help the sperm thin out or something I cant excatly tell you what it does sorry. And you should be taking folic acid 400 mcg every day. Also after you BD you should raise your hips and try to stay still for 20 mins that way the sperm stays in you better and doesnt come out. Good luck!

Old 11-06-2005, 12:22 PM   #3
(female)

tnw6145 HB User

Here are a few more things that you can do. as far as BD.... Ly on your back and have your DH kneel infront of you. Put your legs on his shoulders. You can also put a pillow under your butt. This will alow gravity to help a little. Also, after you are done, your butt is already elivated so you don't have to move. Lay there for atleast 20-30 minutes. DO NOT GO PEE RIGHT AFTER!!! You will wash out sperm. Some say that it doesn't do it but then again, why take a chance. Also after he **** in you, you need to have an orgasm. This will rock your cervix and help get the sperm where it needs to go. I don't know where you are in your cycle...If you just stopped your period....take a once dose of regular robitussin DM a day until you ovulate. It will help your CM. Once you ovulate, stop. If you are not sure if you ovulated it will not hurt the baby. Try not to have any oral sex the night you ovulate. Saliva will kill sperm. Also, don't let him pull out right after he ****. Make him stay there for a few minutes so no air gets in there. This is all I can think of right now. I tried for 6 1/2 years for my daughter and these are all things that my doctor told me to do. I had PCOS though (polycysitc ovarian disorder). That was my problem. Also, Vitamin world and GNC both carry fertility vitamins for both men and women. They each have all the things that will help both sexes have a better enviroment for each. Oh, and one more thing. If your body reacts well to herbs. VITEX (found out GNC and Vitamin World) is used the same way as Clomid. Start taking it 3-6 days after you start your period and you can either stop it after 5-7 days of taking it or you can take it up to ovulation. I don't recommend taking it after ovulation. Most reports that I have read about taking it while you are pg are not good. Some say that it will not hurt the baby but some say that it will. I would only take it up until ovulation. BEst of luck to you.
Tina

Old 11-06-2005, 03:46 PM   #4
(female)

mcgregorb HB User

Well, said -- tnw6145 !!!!
Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive reply on this thread. I'm sure many of us ladies will find it helpful! Good luck and heaps of babydust to everyone!

Closed Thread