It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board

Whats going on !!!!!! Help.

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2005, 02:03 PM   #1
Aintgotaclue
(female)

Aintgotaclue HB User
Whats going on !!!!!! Help.

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I'm really nervous and can't believe I'm even posting this......ok, I do but I'm hoping someone could convince me otherwise.

I've spend hours on here this week but actually started searching else where for info on side effects when stopping the pill but I've ended up here.

My hubby and I decided we wanted to TTC, I was on antibiotics for the last week of my pill ... had my pill free week and never started the next pack. I have been on the pill for over 15 years so have no idea when to expect a period or ovulation as my cycle is uPside down and back to front. All I expcted was to bleed very heavily when my pill stopped, for it to take a while for a regular cycle to return and to be able to concieve ....... I could n't have been more wrong !

Firstly, I didn't bleed when I stopped .... nothing wrong with this, it gave us the freedom to get busy which we did. I started getting side effects which I expected. Its now just over two weeks since my last pill ( cough, cough, and 3 weeks counting the antibiotics )

I'm having the most extreme mood swings, I'm low and tearful, I cant go into public ... I'm terrified to go out now, I'm very very bloated, headaches, I'm sleeping 2-3 hours a night more and am so exhausted I can hardly move, I had a little diarrea, completely off food ! ( I'm 88kg and normally LOVE food ) I can hardly think of food and the smell is horrendous, I've been feeling very nauseus and felt a little sick, my stomach ( above belly buton ) has been churning with a strange ( not heartburn ) feeling right up to my throat but has moved below belly button today and am having a little discomfort ( a strange feeling almost like a stitch but not painfull today when walking ), very painfull nipples, feeling hot and a slightly burning up feeling and today a bit of dischage when wiping with a hint of pinky but more brown in it.

I've researched stopping the pill and pmt but my symptoms in the begining were way to extreme and did n't really match what I was reading. I know the symptoms and everything I'm saying sounds very much like pregnancy ... I've been researching all week but surely I've not concieved first time within days of stopping the pill and I seem to have way too many symptoms far too quickly. ( I know it is possible and can happen but ........ )

I'm going to see the doc tomorow. I dont want to test too soon or get my hopes up too high.

I was n't prepared for it to happen THIS quicky, I'm excited but absolutely terrified lol.

Wondering what everyone else thought ? I know nothing really and my friend thinks I'm having a phantom pregnancy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2005, 02:26 PM   #2
chysmom
Veteran
(female)

chysmom HB User
Re: Whats going on !!!!!! Help.

The best thing is to go your dr and see. And please keep me updated! I have heard that the antibiotics could have caused the pill to not work right so you may have gotten pg that wk you were on them.

Old 11-10-2005, 02:46 PM   #3
Aintgotaclue
(female)

Aintgotaclue HB User

Thx for replying, I can't blieve all these symptoms are a result of stopping the pill and am convinced I'm pregnant. I've been researching hard and am even more convinced .... I think I'm just terrified to admit it .... I was n't prepared for it to happen this quickly.

Been doing my sums and I only started on the antibiotics 23 days ago !!!!!
I know its possible but surely this has got to be a world record and the amount of symptoms so quickly is even more unbelievable.

I'll see what the doc says and let you know but surely I wont get a positive result so soon. Then again ...... maybe i'll break 3 world records in one go. lol

Thx so much, I'm going crazy here.

Old 11-10-2005, 05:50 PM   #4
chysmom
Veteran
(female)

chysmom HB User

U should be able to get a pos or neg with blood work. Like I said I know a lot of girls who were on antibiotics while on the pill and it made the pill not work right and they got pg so who knows!

Old 11-11-2005, 09:33 AM   #5
DDB
(female)

DDB HB User

Just wanted to let you know that when I stopped the pill, I didn't bleed either for 3 weeks. Which was strange because I expected I would have my regular bleed during the pill free week since my body didn't know I was stopping the pill yet. I was convinced I was pregnant because had other symptoms too, but eventually did get my period - 3 weeks late. So it is still possible you're pregnant, but it may just be something similar to what I experienced. Good luck!

Old 11-11-2005, 11:43 AM   #6
Aintgotaclue
(female)

Aintgotaclue HB User

ok, went to the docs today. He recomended waiting another week before testing but suggested it may be side effects from the pill. I'm not dismissing this fact and this was the actual reason for the appointment in the first place, not pregnancy. I aint convinced though and have yet to hear from anyone else with so many symptoms and severity of symptoms when stopping the pill. Apart from the obvious reason, I hope its not my pill as this is absolutely horrendous. He's a doc and see's pregnant woman all the time so did n't really share my enthusiasm. He really was n't much help or very interested at this stage - no questions, advice or suggestions and when I asked about folic acid he said I really needent bother unless I really wanted to take it. I asked again and grabbed the prescription ( should have been taking it before TTC so no harm in taking it if I'm still going to be TTC )

Symptoms today have changed a bit again : Really in discomfort with stomach cramps, really heavy feeling and an uncomfortable feeling in my bladder as though there is presure against it - similar but not the same as day 2 of a very heavy period but with no bleeding. In absolute torture with the pain in my breasts which just gets worse evey day.

The no period after stopping the pill is not a worry as I've read loads before coming here and really it can come whenever, as heavy / light and as often as it likes for a long time before settling down to a regular cycle.

I bought a test today although I know its still too early - Got antibiotics on the 19th october so at most I'm at 23 days. Really disheartened today and dont want to test anyway.

Old 11-11-2005, 11:47 AM   #7
weepyone
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

gosh i was on the pill for 9 years and i came off it 4 years ago but i never had symptoms of withdrawal and i never heard anyone else ever complain of such thing . i hope it is bfp for you things sound so bizarre i should imagine bfp is the only answer. good luck

Old 11-11-2005, 11:49 AM   #8
Aintgotaclue
(female)

Aintgotaclue HB User

Sorry forgot :

It was an effort to get folic acid out the doc so no way he'll entertain a blood test at this stage. I'll just need to be patient I suppose and test in a week or two. thx

Old 11-11-2005, 08:40 PM   #9
Heyknack
Senior Veteran
(female)

Heyknack HB User

Just thought I'd share my experience being off BCP's now 8 months. I was on the pill for 13 years and took my last pill March 1 this year. Since then, I have had MANY side effects: weight loss at first, reduction in breast size, fibrocystic breast changes (just had a breast biopsy), heart palpitations and arrythmias (to the point I was referred to a cardiologist), nausea, acne, and of course menstrual cycle changes. And what's funny is for me, these didn't all develop the first month. It seemed like they peaked at about 3 months after I stopped BCP's and are now gradually improving. It wasn't until I made the connection that all my symptoms were worse during certain phases of my cycle, that I made the connection (and so did my cardiologist).
Hormones can make your body do weird things. I think there's really no way to tell whether your pregnant or if it's just BCP side effects until you take the pregnancy test. Either way, I hope it's the answer you're looking for! :-)

Old 11-12-2005, 03:04 AM   #10
Aintgotaclue
(female)

Aintgotaclue HB User

Just wanted to keep eveyone posted and also as I am complely unable to find any infomation anywhere with anyone having such dramatic side effects when stopping the BCP. Yes everyone is different and other people have had a hard time stopping BCP too ..... I'm not yet dismissing that it could just be the BCP. I even seem to have an awful lot more pg symptoms than everyone else who has had a BFP. Wondering maybe I could be having side effects from stopping the BCP and PG at the same time.

3 days ago I had a tiny little dicharge with a pinky brown in it.
yesterday a tiny amount of red blood when wiping. ( I thought it may be the start of a period and the discomfort did feel as though I was having a very heavy period but it disapeared. )
This morning I had a little more watery / pinky discharge.

Could this possibly be implantation ? Started antibiotics on the 19th, we BD'd from then until the 28th and the again on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th. I first went off my food on the 5th and had had a few symptoms beforehand which I put down to the BCP, so I'm thinking hopefully .... if its happened that it was between the 19th - 28th. could this still be implantation bleeding - its been 12 days or more since Bd'd. Calculation of my old 28 day cycle when on BCP would suggest I was nt due for a period for over another two weeks.

I know everything is adding up here but that there is a huge chance its the BCP. I'm totally new to this and basically decided if we were to have the family we wanted, it was now or never and just stopped BCP. We've been together 13 years and been married 2 and this was the next step. I'm terrified and never really thought past the "its what we want , lets do it" stage lol. I've never had the need to know anything about coming off BC, cylcles, ovulation, ttc, folic acid or all the technical terms and biology about how it happens, so any help, suggestions and advice is greatly appreciated. I've got a lot to learn lol.

P.S. I did n't expect or really want to fall pg straight away. I was in no rush and not craving a baby or anything. I was just going to stop the pill, get on folic acid and start researching however I think I will be gutted if my period arrives now. These symptoms are really pretty horrific but if it was pg I could live with it but if its the side effect from BC then I've got to get some help easing or coping with them.

Sorry for the long posts, But I'm in a tizzy here and at the very least I'll be learning for whats to come, thx.

Closed Thread