It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board

When should hubby and I BD?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2005, 06:51 PM   #1
matlulmolly
(female)

matlulmolly HB User
When should hubby and I BD?

This is my second month here TTC. I have three beautiful healthy children and my youngest DD is seven months today. My two older ones are from a previous marriage and they are DD 10 and DS 12. I am 35 years old and my DH is 41 and I know that I am now considered advanced maternal age that is why we are anxious to conceive so soon after our baby. Well I failed to conceive last month and I am now on cd 11. I had one opt answer test stick left from the last time I conceived and I used it tonight it definately reads that I have reached my LH surge. Does that mean if we BD tonight there is a good chance we will conceive? When do you think are chances are the best? Last month we didn't use the opt test I just thought my chances of conceiving would be around day 14. I think I missed peak last month. I hope my chances are better this month. Baby dust to everyone best of luck to you all. Thanks for any insight you might have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2005, 04:14 PM   #2
Heyknack
Senior Veteran
(female)

Heyknack HB User
Re: When should hubby and I BD?

I would be BDing right now if you got a positive on your OPK. However, one thing to check, is to make sure your sticks aren't expired. I have used the Answer OPK before and if you have the ones with all the little sticks in the tube, they expire 30 days after you first open that tube. And I can tell you from personal experience, if it's expired, the results are not accurate. I had some expired sticks from the previous month and I used one, got a positive. Tested 2 more, one was positive, one negative. Well, in charting my temps, I found I actually ovulated about a week later! So, be careful if they are expired. If they are not expired, then you should ovulate within 24-48 hours. {removed} . Some are better, more accurate than others, no matter what they say on the packaging.
Anyway, hopefully you truly have a positive and this is gonna be your month! Good luck.

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 12-14-2005 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Read posting rules.

Old 12-14-2005, 06:17 PM   #3
matlulmolly
(female)

matlulmolly HB User

thanks for responding heyknack. I am not sure if the test was expired... it was the only one I had and it was still wrapped in the foil. I was up with the baby this morning and I was having some cramping on my left side...it felt like ovarian pain. hubby and I did bd last night....I don't have any more OPT tests in the house...maybe we should bd again tonight. I appreciate your help!! I am not sure if my hubby will be up to bd again tonight becausethe baby has been sick and we haven't gotten much sleep since Sunday...thank God she is feeling better. Are you ttc too? {removed} If so..what has your experience been with the opt tests?

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 12-14-2005 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Off Topic. Read stickys

Old 12-15-2005, 05:51 AM   #4
Heyknack
Senior Veteran
(female)

Heyknack HB User

Yes, I am TTC too, but no luck so far after 3 months. (I've been charting temps for about 6-7 months, off BCP 9 months). Three months isn't really that long, but I'm a little cynical about the whole thing because I've got sort of weird cycles where I have brown spotting for 6-8 days before the actual AF comes. I'm seeing my gyn in Jan. to check this out again (I think she was hoping it would go away, since I got off the BCP this year). We'll see. I'm trying to stay positive...
Anyway, my experience with the OPK's. I'm about to use a new brand this month, so we'll see. The other brand I was using (sorry, we're not supposed to mention brands, etc. on here, I forgot) seemed to be accurate the month I used it when it wasn't expired--it seemed to agree with my charted temps, however, I had a hard time interpreting it, and I'm not sure! But I guess the difficulty interpreting can be a little tricky with OPK's, no matter the brand. Like I mentioned, when it was expired it didn't work, but I wouldn't expect it to I guess. However, since I read the consumer ratings about OPK's, and the actual tests of the various brands, I've decided to switch, so I'll let you know. My cycles are long, so I won't be testing with it until early Jan. I would guess. I'll keep you posted! I don't know if that's any help, but I bet you'll get some responses from others who have used the OPK's too.
PS--I hope your little one gets better soon!

Old 12-15-2005, 06:17 PM   #5
matlulmolly
(female)

matlulmolly HB User

thanks again, well I only used that one opt test and I used it on Tuesday night and DH bd that night, Wed night and this morning. I am not going to be doing any more opt this month I will just hope and pray for the next two weeks to go by and I will get my BFP. it looks like you and I will be finding out at the same time. I won't know until after Christmas either. If I don't get my BFP this month I will probably go out and buy a new box of OPT's for next month. Do you realize if we get pregnant soon we will be preggo the whole summer? I have done that once before and it will be worth it again this time too!!! Although it wasn't easy. baby dust to all and to all a good night!!!

Closed Thread