It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board

Ovulation

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-14-2005, 09:27 AM   #1
Trooper
Veteran
(female)

Trooper HB User
Ovulation

I'm on CD11. Besides the EWCM, temps, etc., if you can feel the pain in the lower abdomen, like feel the egg moving... is now the time to BD? I do not have any EWCM, nor am I charting temps. Or is it just hard to tell?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2005, 03:47 PM   #2
Heyknack
Senior Veteran
(female)

Heyknack HB User
Re: Ovulation

Hmmm, tough question. If you've felt some pain in your lower abdomen, you MAY have ovulated (but it could just be gas too). Do you usually feel this type of pain appoximately midway through your cycle? Also, if no EWCM, you may not be ovulating, but then again, some women don't produce any or much EWCM, so that may be difficult to tell too! Best way to tell ovulation is to use the home ovulation predictor kits (OPK's), which if positive indicates you could ovulate within 24-48 hours (so start having intercourse!). Also, charting your temps is a great way to tell ovulating too. A more inaccurate way is to know your general cycle length--if you're 28 days, you likely ovulate days 13-15 I believe. However, many (most?) women do not have the standard 28 day cycle. So if you have longer cycles, you ovulate later (for instance, I usually have 32-33 day cycles, ovulate days 17-19). If you have shorter cycles, you ovulate sooner. What can complicate that though, is that if you're stressed or go on vacation, your ovulation may be delayed and you wouldn't know. Lucky you if you do have ovulation pain though, that'd make it easy!! It's up to you how you want to do it, but if you find you're having no luck conceiving, you might want to try charting temps daily, perhaps checking cervical mucus and position, and/or doing OPK's.

Old 12-16-2005, 06:02 AM   #3
greenjppixie
(female)

greenjppixie HB User

Some women do have O pain. I am not one of them, so I wouldn't know hwo to describe it. You can try OPKs, but they do not work for everyone. They do not pick up my LH surge and the only way I know I O is by charting. Some women have a lot of success with OPKs though, so they are probably worth a try. Just be advised that they can be expensive, especially if you have an irregular cycle. There are also microscopes that you can buy that will show you your saliva patterns. Your saliva ferns when you are Oing. These are pretty affordable and are reuseable. Also, the general rule is that you O 14 days BEFORE the start of your next period. If you are pretty regular, then just count back 14 days from when you expect AF. Make sure you are BDing in the 5 days leading up to O b/c that is when you are most fertile.

Old 12-16-2005, 06:45 AM   #4
Trooper
Veteran
(female)

Trooper HB User

Thanks so much for your responses, I really appreciate it. I did a little more research and they call when you feel ovulation "mittelschmerz". I definitely can feel it.

I think the peak day was yesterday and we missed it because he was 'too tired' from work. I felt the ache on Wednesday afternoon. Perfect time to BD was yesterday. We didn't, so I feel I missed.

However, that ache could just be the beginning and not the actual egg release yet. Based on my cycle which is 28 days like clockwork, my ovulation date is tomorrow. Of course it's best to BD 5 days prior to ovulation.

I'm really frustrated and want to cry. To you ever feel like you resent your SO because the BDing isn't happening when it should.

I literally want to cry because last month he pulled a muscle in his leg while BDing and when it came to peak time, he couldn't do anything. The month prior to that, he was having ED problems. The list goes on and on.

I'm just going to stop for now. It's too much.

Old 12-16-2005, 09:51 AM   #5
Heyknack
Senior Veteran
(female)

Heyknack HB User

Cheer up Trooper, if by chance you actually ovulate tomorrow, you can still BD tonight. Also, those sperm will be more fresh for the egg (sperm don't always live 5 days, sometimes only 1-3 days). Best to BD every other day (or every day depending who you listen to) 3-5 days before ovulation. If you can catch the day before, that's a great time! If you ovulated Wednesday, yeah it's too late, but hey, it's worth a shot I think. I know it's hard when the BDing doesn't happen just when you want it to, I get down about it too sometimes. I noticed your man's (dh or bfriend?) problems...is your man feeling pressured to perform? Not even necessarily by you, he just may feel like the pressure is all on him in general to get that sperm out, you know? That may be affecting him, causing him to have ED and physically hurt himself during BD. Check out a thread on this TTC board from November (today it's on page 4), subject is called "Freaking DH can't BD". This thread has some good responses I think as to how to keep pressure low on your significant other and BDing high! I don't even know if this is a problem, but it might help. Either way, good luck this month (for all of us!)...

Old 12-16-2005, 12:30 PM   #6
Trooper
Veteran
(female)

Trooper HB User

Thanks Hayknack. I'm just tired. Because DH was so tired last night, he was spread out in the entire bed. I was hanging off the edge (hate that).

I actually don't tell him when the *time* is as to not put pressure on him. I swear, I'm not going to make love anymore when it isn't the *time*, so nothing will happen before hand.

The plan was to BD every other day. If I O on 12/17, my plan was to BD the 11th, 13th, 15th and then the 17th. Well, the 11th happened. I don't think the egg was out on the 14th. I think it was in the process, which causes me discomfort. Not sure if it's out or not, as I still have the discomfort.

I think I might be putting too much pressure on myself. I'm stopping. No more thinking about it. Plus this is his really busy time at work, so I understand him being tired. It just seems like even when he isn't tired it takes so much 'work'
for him to orgasm. Which is what I need him to do.

Thanks, I'll check that other thread out. In the meantime, good luck to you (and everyone else). I'm just going to enjoy my Holidays and relax!

Happy Holidays,
Trooper

Closed Thread