It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2006, 09:35 AM   #1
(female)

coldrain HB User
How do you know you're late if ....

... your cycle lengths vary? Here are my last 6 cycles: 25, 29, 27, 21, 27, 27. The shortest one is unusual and I think happened due to medication I was taking last 4 months. My very last period started on Dec. 26. Today is 23rd, no AF yet (yo, AF, you're not welcome What do you ladies think? I'm really confused now.

Last edited by coldrain; 01-23-2006 at 10:35 AM.

Old 01-23-2006, 06:09 PM   #2
(female)

WhyIsThisMyLife HB User
Re: How do you know you're late if ....

I would suggest BBTing. Your O day may change, but the luteal phase should not vary. If you know the day you O and how long your luteal phase is you should be able to figure out how long your cycle will be each month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldrain
... your cycle lengths vary? Here are my last 6 cycle ys: 25, 29, 27, 21, 27, 27. The shortest one is unusual and I think happened due to medication I was taking last 4 months. My very last period started on Dec. 26. Today is 23rd, no AF yet (yo, AF, you're not welcome What do you ladies think? I'm really confused now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2006, 06:35 PM   #3
(female)

shawnab HB User
Re: Cycle length question

Are you pg????????

Old 01-24-2006, 08:12 AM   #4
(female)

coldrain HB User

Shawna, I wish! But it is very improbable unless I happened to have very short cycle again. Or my DH has some kind of survivalist sperm that can keep alive in most extreme environment for more than 5 days This month I didn't even have any hope at all. But it's 24th and no AF. I have mild cramping but no spotting. It's very strange. I'll wait till tomorrow and then will probably take HPT.

Old 01-24-2006, 08:43 AM   #5
(female)

shawnab HB User

I'll keep my fingers crossed...you never know and you are late!!!!! Keep us updated!!! Shouldnt you have started over the weekend??? I know our cycles are about the same. I started last friday....supposed to start sat. Let me know what the hpt says!!!

Old 01-24-2006, 10:18 AM   #6
(female)

coldrain HB User

I expected AF on 22nd or 23rd. So far nothing and I start feeling worried a little. I really doubt that I can be pregnant this time. The irony is that I got so frustrated with DH when we couldn't BD when I had EWCM that I tore my chart (my 1st one) and tossed it, so nothing to refer to So now I'm basically in the dark I remember that we made love on the 7th day of my cycle. From my posts I can also see that on the day 16th of my cycle I already had creamy CM or EWCM for several days. So pregnancy doesn't seem likely to me. What do you ladies think? I'm still such a rookie in all this business And even though I read "taking charge..." and understand a lot better what's going on, I still need lots of advice & support. Thanks everyone!

Old 01-24-2006, 05:33 PM   #7
(female)

shawnab HB User

TAKE A PG TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're two days past!!!! You told me it only takes one lone sperm.....you never know. I know you may not want the crushing dissapointment but....dont you want to know????? I at least want to know I need someone else to be jealous of

Last edited by shawnab; 01-25-2006 at 08:37 AM.

Old 01-25-2006, 07:32 AM   #8
(female)

coldrain HB User

AF is here. Feel awful both physically & emotionally.

Old 01-25-2006, 07:39 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

luckydarlin HB User

I'm so sorry to hear that. I know there really isn't much to say to make you feel better at this very moment, but just remember, in two weeks you can try again. I think each month it gets more difficult emotionally because it's a huge disappointment when it doesn't happen. I know it's not much consolation, but don't lose hope! None of us can

Hang in there and hope you are feeling better soon.

Last edited by luckydarlin; 01-25-2006 at 07:41 AM.

Old 01-25-2006, 08:37 AM   #10
(female)

shawnab HB User

I am SOOOO sorry. There really isnt anything I can say, except the usual we'll try, try again. We will be together in the next 2ww and February WILL be our month. I want a november baby.....or dec, or jan.....I know how you feel. When I got my af this time, I cried and cried. The emotions are just devestating and no one really understands. Everyone keeps telling me it will happen when its supposed to....then ask if im pg yet. Im going to make a shirt that says "No" on the front and on the back is says "Im not f'ing pregnant yet..." Just remember, in two weeks, it starts all over again. No more dh's not living up to their side of the deal...these men will have to bd whether it kills them or not!!!!!

Last edited by shawnab; 01-27-2006 at 10:25 PM.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:40 AM   #11
(female)

coldrain HB User

Ladies, THANKS a lot! I really DO appreciate your support and this forum. It keeps me motivated This time I'm having by far the worst period ever, I was out of commission for 2 hours, nauseous, ears ringing, nearly fainting and awful cramps. I feel better now and can hardly wait for AF to go away On the bright side though, I started another chart and I swear I won't toss this one under any circumstances. And yes, gonna start trying as soon as possible. Shawna, we need to get more assertive with our DHs. Not in aggressive way, but in very determined way. Good luck and hugs to everyone!

Old 01-25-2006, 10:50 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

luckydarlin HB User

shawna -

can I have one of those t-shirts too?????????

Closed Thread