It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2006, 03:12 PM   #1
(female)

Ally803 HB User
anybody ttc with endo? or have endo in family?

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone on here was ttc with endo or if anyone on here has family history of endo. I have endo in my family but no symptoms of it myself. I'm hoping to keep it away! I was just curious as to what the success rates are of ttc with endo?? Thanks and best wishes!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2006, 06:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gel2005 HB User
Re: anybody ttc with endo? or have endo in family?

I have a strong family history of Endo. My mom, her sister and their mom all had it. My mom's was the worse of the 3 of them. When she had her hystorectomy done severall years ago the Dr told her she should have not had kids at all. She had 4! Have pains sharp stabbing one in my abdomen and have for years. I had a lap done a few years ago and it was clean. I had no visable Endo at that point. I still have the pain and don't know what causes it. It went away with my first pregnancy. I am now in month #5 of TCC #2. I too fear that I may get it. The chances aren't good for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2006, 10:18 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

nancy30 HB User

I was recently diagnosed with Stage I (minimal) endo via laparscopy. I had no symptoms other than infertility and no family history. The endo was not on any of my reproductive organs. My doctor thinks that the white bloods cells from the endo are killing my eggs when I ovulate and the sperm.

Some people have endo and have no problems conceiving. Others have endo and have problems (like me). I've been TTC for 14 months with no luck. My doctor has said I have a 45% live birth rate per cycle if I do IVF. Right now, I'm trying the IUI route because it's cheaper. Hopefully, this will work.

I guess you won't really know how the endo affects your fertility until you start tryng to conceive. If you suspect you may have endo, I would start TTC sooner rather than later because infertility treatments can take a long time (plus endo can progress).

I wish you the best of luck!

Old 03-08-2006, 06:59 AM   #4
(female)

Ally803 HB User

Thanks Gel and Nancy. That helps! Gel, I was just curious as to why you had the lap done if you were able to conceive? Was it from your one side abdomen pain? I do once in a while get a dull pain on my left side. Never anywhere else though? I just wish I could get a lap and get it overwith or any type of test that would give me some type of indication what I'm deal with or if anything at all? Thanks again!

Old 03-08-2006, 08:11 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

gel2005 HB User

I had the lap done before we started trying to conceive. I was having a stabbing pain in my lower abdomen. It was down right near my overy. I had a 7 & 1/2 cm cyst removed off of my left overy back in October of 2000. They did the lap in August of 2003, due to the fact I was still having pain. Pain the Tylnol 3 would not take away. It would hurt so bad, I had to be sent home from work one day because I could hardley walk with out it hurting. The did the lap because of the pain, my family hystory of Endo and to check for scar tissue from the cyst. It was all clean, and they never did figure out why I was having that pain, all I know is I got pregnant and it went away, after I stopped nursing it came back. It is not as bad as it was though. I was told that I had no external Endo, but they could not rule out Internal Endo, I did not want to go through that process and DH and I decided to start TTC. We figure if we have problems I will go to the Dr and we will go from there. The only way to diagnose internal Endo is to put your body through temporary early metopause. It took 6 month with my daughter and we are now on to TTC month #5 for #2. I am worry that the Endo may catch up. I have the cramps, but my periods have always been regular and not overly heavy or long. THey are actually very light now, which is bringing me some concern. I am temping to make sure that I am ovulating.

Old 03-08-2006, 09:08 AM   #6
(female)

Ally803 HB User

Wow Gel, it sounds like your pain was quite severe when you were feeling it. I have very dull pain on one side...I almost feel like I am "looking" for something. My mom had three children with absolutely no problems and didn't find out she had endo until her mid-late 30's. I'm only 24 so hoping if I am going to get it, it will at least hold off a few more years. Obviously your mother and her mother were able to concieve, but was your mother's sister? Best of wishes this month, I'll be rooting for you!

Old 03-08-2006, 10:30 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

gel2005 HB User

Yes my Aunt had three kids. My mom's was the worse of the threee. They said she should have never had kids. Right now my pain is mainly dull and it is very on and off, but now where near as bad as it was before. Oh yeah, it is always on the left. I am 26 by the way.

Does you pain coinside with ovulation? If it does it may be ovulation pains.

Last edited by gel2005; 03-08-2006 at 10:31 AM.

Closed Thread