It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2006, 06:59 PM   #1
(female)

babyin2006 HB User
How long does the temp stay high?

Does the post ovulation temp remain more or less same until AF? Is the rise in temp maintained throughout the post ovulatory phase? Any advice?
Thanks!

Old 03-14-2006, 05:55 AM   #2
(female)

DDB HB User
Re: How long does the temp stay high?

Your temp will generally stay high from the time of ovulation until you get AF (or if you're pregnant, it stays high). It will still vary a bit but the temperatures will for the most part all be higher than your temperatures before you ovulated (should all be above your coverline). I have read that it is fairly common for some women to have a drop in temp that goes below the coverline a couple days after ovulation which indicates an estrogen surge but it should go back up the next day. My temp would always drop the morning that I would get AF, so I would know it was coming. I believe they say more than 20 days of high temps is a good indication of pregnancy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2006, 08:57 AM   #3
(female)

greenjppixie HB User

The first post hit it dead-on. 17 days of raised temps indicates pregnancy. My temps always drops at 15 DPO, which is when AF comes. All women are different though. Some women have flucuating temps during AF, or temps that do not drop until CD 3 or 4.

Old 03-14-2006, 06:29 PM   #4
(female)

babyin2006 HB User

Thank you ladies

AF is due on 21st. I'll have to wait until then.

Old 03-15-2006, 04:27 AM   #5
(female)

shlindz HB User

While we're on the question of temps... I'v got a weird one:
My last cycle my temps followed a normal pattern until AF. They stayed high during and after untill I O'd then they raised again. Now I'm 17 DPO and they have stayed above the cover line with out dropping. When is the average temp did if not pg. I'm not sure yet, but I have a bad feeling it's not gonna happen this month. Best of luck and baby dust to all!
~Shlindz

Closed Thread