It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2006, 06:05 AM   #1
(female)

shawnaslover HB User
Anyone using Clomid?

I am new here and at the end of this month I will be starting my first dose of Clomid. I was wondering if anyone out there will share their experience on it with me. Did you conceive twins? Were there alot of side effects? How long did it take to work. I have a 2 year old son and he was conceived the first try. I it not happening that way this time. About 7 months ago I had a uterine suspension and I have been irregular ever since. I don't ovulate. Sorry so long but I am very excited and would love to hear from someone. Thanks and baby dust to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-11-2006, 06:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GoldenMom HB User
Re: Anyone using Clomid?

Hi
I know a woman who used clomid and is going to have twins. Otherwise, I'm not super-familiar with it -- I have been reading the infertility board on this site and they talk about it some. Best wishes to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2006, 10:03 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

JustDance HB User

I have a friend who used clomid and now has 18 month old triplets! She said that she loves them all, of course, but that the doctor was supposed to have monitored her reaction the first month on clomid (not actually try the first month) because it released so many eggs - then the second month the Dr. would have lowered the dosage.

As for me, I'm going to our first "fertility class" tonight, which is a prerequisite for our health insurance before they start any particular treatment. I'm excited to finally do something more than just bd on the right dates - which hasn't been working. ttc for 14 monts. Good luck w/clomid. I also knew a girl who used it and had just one baby.

Old 05-11-2006, 04:37 PM   #4
(female)

ilovesporty HB User

I don't have any personal experience with Clomid, but I just wanted to tell you that I know a woman who has had three pregnancies on Clomid and all were single, healthy births.

Good luck!

Last edited by ilovesporty; 05-11-2006 at 04:37 PM.

Old 05-12-2006, 10:03 PM   #5
(female)

Aussieteacher HB User

Hi! I am new to posting on these boards!
You captured my attention as I have just completed my first cycle of Clomid and am awaiting blood test results. I will certainly let you know how things go. I too have lots of questions so I am hoping lots of people respond to this posting.

Thanks
Aussie Teacher

Old 05-13-2006, 05:06 PM   #6
(female)

shysbabydoll HB User

A good friend used clomid for both her girls. Both happy healthy single birth/babies. She had no troubles or side effects.
BD to all

Old 05-15-2006, 03:19 AM   #7
(female)

Aussieteacher HB User

Just got blood test back- have not o'd!!!
Back to square one!
Would love to hear some positives from people who this has worked for!

Old 05-15-2006, 08:49 AM   #8
(female)

shawnaslover HB User

Thanks for the response. I am wating until my next cycle to start the clomid and I can't waite. Aussieteacher, you didn't ovulate on the clomid? Please email me at [email]REMOVED[/email]. and we will share each others clomid experience. It nice to know that someone else is going through the same thing. I know you have a 10% chance for twins but you hear of alot more than that. Please anyone else going through this email me. We can start a clomid friendship. Good luck to everyone please let me know if you get a + from clomid.
Shawna

Please read the posting rules which explain that offering or asking off board contact is not permitted. The boards are to be used for on board sharing, only. The email and private message features are turned off so that use of the message boards remain anonymous. The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-15-2006 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Please honor your membership agreement. Please read and follow the posting rules.

Old 05-16-2006, 04:19 AM   #9
(female)

Aussieteacher HB User

Hey Shawna,
Would have loved to e-mail - as I know what you mean about needing support!!! I guess we can use these boards to chat though since we can't post e-mail addresses.

According to the blood test I did not O using Clomid. Apparantly most people will O on 1 tab of Clomid for five days in the early part of the cycle but not everyone. Now I will be taking 2!

I am very new to this whole thing and still gathering lots of information. I have heard that the chance of twins increases to 1 in 10 while taking Clomid. I am not too worried about this as I need to O before I can fall prego.

It appears I have PCOS and do not ovulate at all. This whole thing is way more stressful than anything I have ever imagined. I have a great Gyno though so that helps and a very patient and understanding husband.

Sorry this got so long.......
It's been a big couple of days- very emotional...

Hope some of this helps you to know you are not alone
Aussieteacher

Old 05-16-2006, 04:29 AM   #10
(female)

Aussieteacher HB User

Shawna,
Just for your information I am in Queensland Australia.
Where are you?

Old 05-16-2006, 05:53 AM   #11
(female)

shawnaslover HB User

Hello
I am in the USA. I will be starting my first clomid in about a week. Whenever my cycle finally shows up. I am confused as to what day to consider my "period". Sorry to be so grafic but I spot for about 2 days then I bleed. What do you think? Did you do this? So is you next cycle in a couple weeks. Maybe we will get pregnant in June.
Shawna

Old 05-16-2006, 08:30 AM   #12
(female)

dragonfly green HB User

Hi I am using Clomid. I am 36 we have been TTC for a 1.5 years. This is my first month on Clomid. AF was due yesterday and I tested this morning with a BFN. If AF does not show in a day or two I will test again. I started taking Clomid on day 3 of my period. I had no immediate side effects. Right now I have intermittent cramping and tender BBS. About 3 days ago I went a little psychotic. First I snapped at DH twice within an hour then I was weeping uncontrollably for about an hour and a half. The pharmacist said if I donít get pregnant that AF would be VERY heavy. So I maybe preggo or this is exaggerated PMS. Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 05-16-2006, 03:30 PM   #13
(female)

renee05 HB User

Hi, I also have PCOS and after a year of ttc, I started taking 50 mg clomid. I became pregnant the second month. I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant with ONE baby--I've asked them to check for sure a million times!! It works wonderfully for some women and not at all for others. My advice is to be knowledgeable while taking it and to keep your faith that it will happen! Good luck!

Old 05-17-2006, 12:32 AM   #14
(female)

jennypoo HB User
Talking Re: Anyone using Clomid?

Hi, I was also diagnosed with PCOS and will be starting my third month of Clomid (50mg). If this month doesn't take we will be trying IUI with injections. As far as Clomid working my mother was on it conceived my brother, six weeks later was pregnant with twins (unfortunately she miscarried) and had me, so I am very hopeful.

Baby Dust to everyone!!!!!!

Jennypoo

Old 05-17-2006, 02:21 AM   #15
(female)

Aussieteacher HB User

Thank you all for posting! It is encouraging to know I am not alone!

Thank you Renee for the inspiration- Let's hope my 2nd month is a success also!

Shawna, My advice would be to count Day 1 when you actually have a flow not just spotting. For me- I have to take Progesterone for 10 days to bring on a period as I am unlikely to get one on my own! Which means my AF should start in about a week. Here's hoping we both fall prego in June- Hope that helps

Side effects were okay for me on this month but now I will be taking 100mg so that may worsen the effect!

Look forward to reading more from you all....

Closed Thread