It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2006, 06:21 PM   #1
(female)

haileysheets HB User
Yeast Infection & Symptoms of Pregnancy????

Does any one know if there is any association between early signs of pregnancy and a yeast infection??? I know this sounds silly. I am probably just over-analyzing my body, but I am right in the middle of my 2ww and have come down with a bad yeast infection. The only time I have ever gotten a yeast infection was from being on an antibiotic 5 years ago, so this is not normal for me. Then, I had just a tinge of light pink blood when I wiped last night...then gone. I have no idea if it could have been IB or just something related to the yeast infection (although I have never bled before with a yeast infection). I have also been feeling some strange twinges in my lower abdoman (again, not sure if this is related to the infection). If any one happens to know if the yeast infection could correllate with pregnancy, please let me know. Thanks a bunch. Baby dust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2006, 07:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GoldenMom HB User
Re: Yeast Infection & Symptoms of Pregnancy????

Some women think that the increase in discharge associated with pregnancy is a yeast infection. I can't explain the light pink blood, except for maybe that it's actually a UTI not a yeast infection???

Let's hope this is a good sign!

*Baby Dust*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2006, 07:32 PM   #3
(female)

kellie84 HB User

Some women get an excess of cloudy discharge in pregnancy, as you do when you have a yeast infection. It is hard to say, you may just assume it is a yeast infection because of the discharge. Are you having any other symptoms of a yeast infection? Painful urination? The spotting is odd, maybe this could be your month. Good luck, baby dust, and *STICKY DUST*

Old 07-25-2006, 01:22 PM   #4
(female)

haileysheets HB User

Hi. It's definitely a yeast infection--not a UTI or just extra discharge. I used to have chronic UTI's, so I can spot those from any where. And the discharge is just like a yeast infection - bright white and lumpy like cottage cheese and VERY itchy. Sorry, TMI. I've had several yeast infections diagnosed before, but they were all connected to me being on antibiotics.

My only other symptoms have been the tinge of light pink blood when I wiped the other night (possible IB?), some strange momentary cramping feelings (it's way too early to AF), and my skin has broken out pretty bad in the last week.

Thanks for the words of encouragement!!!

Old 07-25-2006, 06:17 PM   #5
(female)

jensbaby HB User

Hi! This is my first post but I just wanted to add my two cents I lost a baby in March and tonight I give myself my first ever HcG shot!

I just wanted to encourage you that yeast infections are indeed a sign of pregnancy! I've read that many times both on the net and also in pregnancy books. As far as the spot of blood --are you far enough along for it to be implantation bleeding? If you are between 7 - 10 dpo it could very well be your little bean digging in to your uterus. I truly hope so!! Jen

Old 07-25-2006, 06:29 PM   #6
(female)

haileysheets HB User

Hi, thanks for your kind words of encouragement. When I got the drop of blood, I was around 9 DPO. Today I am at 11 DPO. I think I ovulated very early this month--around CD 10. Since I wrote my last message I have developed bloating and cramping that is very, very unusual for me. I normally have 30 day cycles, and I am still 6 days away from that...so I don't think the cramping/bloating is related to AF. Again, I hate saying all this because I feel like I am just over-analyzing my body, but it's soooo hard not to do that when you're TTC. The symptoms of the yeast infections are under control today (thank goodness). I started the medication last night. Thanks again!!!

Old 07-26-2006, 12:16 AM   #7
(female)

kellie84 HB User

Hey Hailey, I really hope that these are good signs and that this is your month. I know what you mean about over analizing everthing while TTC but this month I had so many symptoms and I was like mmm maybe preg symptoms but probley not, but now that I know I was it is so easy to tell that they were. I had a feeling that I was pregnant and so did DH but I guess I just wouldn't let myself believe it because of all the other months of analizing symptoms and thinking I was, But if and when I do get pregnant again I think that I will be able to tell that I am without a HPT. I remember that you had a chemical pregnancy too. Did you get any symptoms with that pregnancy? Are they the same as this one? Anyways just wanted to say good luck and last month I was away around my O time and I got preg so I must of O early or something, so your not out yet, anything can happen! Baby Dust! Oh and also I had like mild AF cramps and I broke out around a week before my AF which never happens, so those sound like good signs.

Last edited by kellie84; 07-26-2006 at 12:19 AM.

Old 07-26-2006, 08:27 AM   #8
(female)

Sweetpea06 HB User

Wow this is exactly what I experienced except I was taking provera. I do not have regular AF so gyn put me on provera and told me to do OPK. I got frustrated with OKP and pretty much stopped after about a week. But anyway back to the topic. I began prevera 29 days after last af (for 5 days). I usually have af about 2-3 days after last pill. but this time I did not. Instead i developed a bad yeast infection with light spotting once. It*was so light that I just assumed it was something to do with the infection. I never did start af so I did hpt and it was bfn. So now gyn has had me get some bloodwork done to test hcg levels and thyriod. Maybe I am pg and it was too early for hpt to test. If spotting was ib then it would have diffinately been to early for hpt to pick up a bfp! Does anyone have any other thoughts? Hailey did you find anything out yet?

Old 07-26-2006, 02:58 PM   #9
(female)

haileysheets HB User

Hi, no I haven't found any thing out yet. I refuse to do a HPT until I am late (which isn't until August 4) because I've been discouraged so many times by BFN's. However, I think I O'ed WAY early this month (Day 10-11), and I am on CD 24 now. The bloating/cramping got really bad last night for a while. I even went to bed early because of it. Luckily, it has subsided today, so I am feeling better. My lower abdominal area still feels a little tender though....similar to when I have AF except that I am too early right now for AF. My only other symptom is very tender, sensitive nipples which started late last night.

I did have a chemical pregnancy my 2nd month TTC, but I never had any symptoms with it except that AF was 2 days late. I got a very faint BFP's, and then AF showed up 2 days later. I had the most miserable AF of my life!!! I'll keep everyone posted!

Closed Thread