It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2006, 10:32 PM   #1
(female)

millyz_madness HB User
Question How faint is a faint line on a hpt??

Well dont anybody get excited incase its a false alarm, but this morning i took my 2nd hpt and there was a VERY faint positive line. Im just wondering, how faint is too faint?? like is it possible that this isnt a positive reading?? it was noticable but very faint compared to the other line. The test i took is the type where BFN is one single line and a BFP is 2 lines, they say that a faint line is still positive on the packet, but this was very faint....anybody know about this???
Im going to the doctors in the mornin still

milly

Old 08-24-2006, 10:52 PM   #2
(female)

shadacali HB User
Re: How faint is a faint line on a hpt??

Well, from what ive experianced it usually means it has detected the HCG homone in your body which could mean youre very early.
but im also wondering how long after you took the test was the faint positive visible ,becuse after a certain amount of time say like 10-15 minutes its usually not very reliable but anyways i hope all the best for you and good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2006, 05:22 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

whatishappening HB User

Milly, sounds like you are pregos ! I had the faintest line with my daughter Sarah and a few days later, i took another test and it was dark !!! ANY trace of a line is it !! Take another one !! Let us know !!

Old 08-25-2006, 06:53 PM   #4
(female)

kimb0091 HB User

Congrats - sounds like great news! Hopefully you'll be able to find out for sure at your appointment. Be sure to keep us all posted!

Old 08-27-2006, 11:28 PM   #5
(female)

millyz_madness HB User

well i went to the DR appointment on saturday and she gave me a referal to get a blood test done. I got my blood test this morning (28/8/06) so i get the results back wednesday (30/8/06) at my next DR appointment.

Im 15 days late for af today! the doc rekons that if i was PG that it would have shown up on the hpt by now. But of course it showed up negative on the hpt i did on saturday at the doctors.
Anyway ill let yas know wat happens on wednesday when i get the results...

Im really depressed! she basically told me that it was unlikely because hpt's a 99% effective and it should have showed up by now! is that true>??? is there basically no hope???

milly

Old 08-29-2006, 01:50 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

fallen_angel HB User

theres always some hope. hang in there milly ive got my fingers crossed for ya!

Old 08-29-2006, 07:27 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

whatishappening HB User

Hi Milly ! I really don't have the answer to that one. It is true that by now, the hpt would have been a clear positive line for you if pregnant. When i was seven days late, that morning the result line was way darker than the reference line. The dr. can give you a clear answer to that one. Best of luck honey !!! Let us know what happens

Closed Thread