Hope you are all doing well... Sorry this is going to be a long post, but I am so confused!
DH & I have decided not to TTC this month (had a m/c, D&C 7/12). Our Dr wanted us to wait 2 AF's before trying again.
Here is my current situation: After my m/c, my hcg level was slow on the decline. I was going in for weekly hcg tests until my level reached 0. on Aug.11 my hcg level was 20, and on Aug. 17 AF arrived so I didnt go for a blood test after figuring my hcg went to 0. Anyway, my sister is currently pregnant, and I was talking to her Dr, I told him my situation & that AF showed 5 wks after D&C.. however, her Dr told me that the bleeding I was having could not be my AF! He said that if my hcg level was 20, I could not get my AF 6 days later even if it dropped to 0 the next day.. that it would take time... my body would first have to realize it is no longer PG, and start producing another egg - ovulate & 2 weeks after that AF would come.
I am so confused!!! My AF always lasts for about 6-7 days, I told the Dr, this has to be my AF, it is the same as it has always been my whole life. but the Dr said, no, can't be.
Anyway, today I noticed CM was clear/sticky egg white consistancy like when I OV, looked on the calendar, and sure enough today would be CD14 if that was in fact AF (which I think it had to be!). Now I am so confused. I came home tonight & did an opk & it was neg... I don't know if that would show + now or before OV begins? And being my Dr told us to wait 2 AF's before TTC again, should I consider this 1 if the Dr said it couldn't of been it?
I am trying to figure out my body & cycle before TTC again, and at this point I am so confused! Thought I had AF, Dr said can't be, thought I was OV today & test was neg! Any thoughts or insight?