It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2006, 07:13 PM   #1
(female)

Sweet73 HB User
so confused!

Hi Ladies..
Hope you are all doing well... Sorry this is going to be a long post, but I am so confused!
DH & I have decided not to TTC this month (had a m/c, D&C 7/12). Our Dr wanted us to wait 2 AF's before trying again.
Here is my current situation: After my m/c, my hcg level was slow on the decline. I was going in for weekly hcg tests until my level reached 0. on Aug.11 my hcg level was 20, and on Aug. 17 AF arrived so I didnt go for a blood test after figuring my hcg went to 0. Anyway, my sister is currently pregnant, and I was talking to her Dr, I told him my situation & that AF showed 5 wks after D&C.. however, her Dr told me that the bleeding I was having could not be my AF! He said that if my hcg level was 20, I could not get my AF 6 days later even if it dropped to 0 the next day.. that it would take time... my body would first have to realize it is no longer PG, and start producing another egg - ovulate & 2 weeks after that AF would come.
I am so confused!!! My AF always lasts for about 6-7 days, I told the Dr, this has to be my AF, it is the same as it has always been my whole life. but the Dr said, no, can't be.
Anyway, today I noticed CM was clear/sticky egg white consistancy like when I OV, looked on the calendar, and sure enough today would be CD14 if that was in fact AF (which I think it had to be!). Now I am so confused. I came home tonight & did an opk & it was neg... I don't know if that would show + now or before OV begins? And being my Dr told us to wait 2 AF's before TTC again, should I consider this 1 if the Dr said it couldn't of been it?
I am trying to figure out my body & cycle before TTC again, and at this point I am so confused! Thought I had AF, Dr said can't be, thought I was OV today & test was neg! Any thoughts or insight?
Thanks,
-Sweet

Last edited by Sweet73; 08-31-2006 at 10:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread