It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2006, 12:22 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

fallen_angel HB User
Goldenmom? need temp help please!!

Hi Goldenmom.
i need your help again-you will have to start charging for this before long!!
Im confused about the temp thing. This is my first month charting and im unsure about the ovulation temp rise. When they say you need to see 3 days of sustained raised temp, do they mean higher than all your other temps so far (as recorded from CD 1), or just higher than the day before the 3 higher temps? (hope that makes sense!)
I havent found much help about this on the website im using and have looked at other peoples charts and found this has confused me even more. Some people have had a higher temp, then dipped even lower than some of their previous ones, and then risen a bit higher again and they have still detected this as ovulation.which has really puzzled me.
This is whats happening on my chart, on CD22 i noticed EWCM and got a positive OPK, my temp that morning was 36.19 which was quite a bit lower than normal (its normally 36.30-something or sometimes a little higher). Then both CD23 and today, CD24 its been 36.38. So even though its risen higher over the past two days, its still not higher than the average temps ive had in the first half of my cycle. No ovulation has been detected on my chart yet but then i guess they need to see the 3 days.
Im really confused and am thinking about stopping BBT as im not understanding it. any help you could give woud be great!
thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2006, 06:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GoldenMom HB User
Re: Goldenmom? need temp help please!!

It's difficult to say at this point. The ovulation temperatures should be higher than most of your other temps. I do usually have a drop the day of ovulation, a big rise the next day, a drop, then the temps go back up until AF comes. It might be more apparent after 2-3 more days.

Baby dust!

Old 09-06-2006, 02:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

fallen_angel HB User

Thanks Goldenmom
Do you think from the sound of it ive ovulated this month? Egg white CM and positive OPK on CD 22? I know you said your gyn said the OPK's will confirm ovulation. Im just worried my temps will show i havent ovulated, which my website keep saying is the only confirmation i have. I hope i havent got my hopes up for nothing

Old 09-06-2006, 04:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

GoldenMom HB User

Fallen,

I'm not convinced that my gyn was correct when she said that when an OPK detects a surge that a woman definitely ovulates. If you did ovulate on CD 22, the website will not mark it on your chart until at least 3 days of higher temps have been recorded. I know this is not what you want to hear, but I am not sure if you ovulated.

Fallen, I've done a lot of thinking about you lately. I understand that you want to be pregnant now. It's frustrating when our bodies don't work the way they should or the way we want them to. But you have to remember that you did everything possible to get pregnant this cycle. You did your best and what's done is done. This is your two week wait and you are already pregnant or you're not. No amount of fretting will change anything. You will get pregnant eventually. It will happen. Maybe not this cycle, but it will happen.

I haven't been posting as much recently because I realized that I was focusing too much on TTC. Now I allow myself 15 minutes a day to post on the boards that I visit -- that's it. This gives me 15 minutes a day to fret over ovulating and BDing and the 2WW. That's it. Anxiety has an extremely negative effect on fertility. I have made a conscious decision not to allow this anxiety and worry to run my life.

Wishing you all the best. When you are blessed with a pregnancy I know you will be a wonderful mum.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:20 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

fallen_angel HB User

Thanks Goldenmom
I know what you are saying is totally correct and im worried im becoming too obsessive at times which i know will have the opposite effect to what i want!
Im going to try and relax a bit too, but it is easier said then done!
I wish you lots of luck too and thank you for all your support

Closed Thread