It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2006, 11:52 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User
Best position after sex

Hello all,

My husband and I have just stared trying to get pregnant with our second child. The is one thing I forget from the last time, after having sex, what is the best position to relax in while I wait for things to "take". I seem to remember that I should lie on my stomach with pillows under my thighs thus elevating in the back and tilting it down to the front. But I am not sure, maybe I shoudl be on my back with pillows under my knees.

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2006, 12:09 PM   #2
(female)

babyangel2 HB User
Re: Best position after sex

Hi Jen,

My doctor told me that you should lie on your back with a pillow under your butt for 20 min. They even did this to me when I had my IUI at the docotrs office. Good Luck!!!

Amy
29/DH 37
TTC Dec. 2004
1st Miscarriage Mar. 23,2006( 9weeks)
IUI Aug. 2,2006
2nd Miscarriage Aug. 31,2006 ( 6weeks 1 day)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2006, 07:44 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

neshee HB User
Exclamation Re: Best position after sex

I agree with Amy. It is supposed to be on your back with a pillow under you. But make sure you are not too elevated, it can cause pooling of the semen and that isn't good either.

Amy---CONGRATS ON YOUR BFP!! Good luck

Old 10-03-2006, 06:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User
Re: Best position after sex

Thanks gals for the advice. My gut reaction is usually right but it is nice to have input from others.

The funny thing is that we have a 15 month old and we are still both really tired all the time. We're excited about having another but always seem to be too tired to have sex! I don't think immacualte conception is a option for us. Maybe I'll have to start drinking coffee at dinner.

-Jen

Closed Thread