It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2006, 10:37 AM   #1
(female)

Reese25 HB User
Cold symptoms

My question today is: Can a cold be a symptom of pregnancy. I had a cold for 2 weeks before I found out that I was pregnant with my first daughter. I woke up this morning with a headache and a sore throat. I also feel very tired. I took clomid this month so not sure if some other symptoms are from that or if I am hopefully pregnant. I am not due for af to arrive until 10/17 but I think that I ovulated early. I am moody, bloated, feeling like I have a cold coming and very tired and having slight pains once in a while in lower abdomen but not sure if it has anything to do with clomid. I would just like any opinions.

Reese

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2006, 02:06 PM   #2
(female)

terpamber HB User
Re: Cold symptoms

I've always heard that it could be since the bodys immune system is "lessend" (couldn't come up with the right word) so it dosen't attack the baby. But at the same time it could just be a cold so really its one of those "not very helpful" symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2006, 08:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

pinkie1 HB User
Re: Cold symptoms

I have heard that it can, but it's not a reliable symptom. I got a cold too the month I got pg. and it stuck around for a while and it was bad.

I also noticed looking over months of my bbt data that usually every month around 7dpo I wake up with a sore throat. To the point where I feel like I'm getting sick. Interesting...

Keep us posted if you are pg.

Last edited by pinkie1; 10-03-2006 at 08:45 PM.

Closed Thread