It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2006, 12:47 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

fallen_angel HB User
Ovulation day on charts- how accurate is it?

hi,
in just wondered how many of you actually trust the ovulation day detected on your chart? (for those of you using a site to chart temps)
Im really confused. On friday (CD19) i had EWCM and a positive OPK as well as my cervix being soft. My boobs were tender and i had some ovulation pain. I really felt instinctively i was ovulating or about to ovulate. I had a feeling i probably ovulated the following day (CD20) as my CM was watery then, but since then its dried right up.
Anyway, my temps have only just started to rise today, so ive been experimenting entering data for the next few days to see when my ovulation day was. Basically, if my temps stay high for the 3 days, it will detect my ovulation day as being yesterday (CD22). Im almost 100% sure i didnt ovulate yesterday, my CM is totally not fertile and my OPK's have been negative.
If my temp had been higher today, or started to rise yesterday, it would of detected my ovulation day as being CD19 (the day i got the positive OPK). So what happened to the two days inbetween? it seems to have skipped from my ovulation day being CD19 to CD22 on the basis of one day's temperature entry. If my temp has started to rise today instead of yesterday, why hasnt it moved the ovulation day from CD19 to CD20, which would be much more accurate than CD22?
Im sorry but i really dont think there is anyway i ovulated yesterday. I know these sites are supposed to be specially trained and tuned to make accurate predictions, but can they be trusted? I think your instincts have to come in to a certain extent and i really dont see how they could detect my ovulation day as being what it looks like they will based on the data ive entered. They've missed two days out completely.
Has anyone else experienced anything like this charting on a site? Or been given an ovulation day they knew couldnt be accurate?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2006, 03:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User
Re: Ovulation day on charts- how accurate is it?

Fallen I have not has anything happen like that before my chart went triphasic this month and one of the sites I use changed my O day to the day before my temps went up for the third time and I know that was not right.
You to a + on cd19 so 24-36hrs you O'ed lets just say you tested at the beginning of you lh surge you could of possibly O'ed on Cd21 so you temps should rise on Cd22. My Re said you could O on the day of the rise but I don't know being you had all the signs you O'ed before then.Maybe you should take you chart with you to the dr and tell him/her everything going on and let them look his nurse might can help you. I hope it all works out for you good luck!
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 10-10-2006, 06:38 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

E1979 HB User

I would have to agree that your body is sending your signals and while the charts may get it right or close to it I would go with what your body is telling you.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

fallen_angel HB User

Thank you ladies
I guess i need to stop messing around with the data on my chart, perhaps if i just leave it alone and then enter the data as and when it actually happens the chart might be more accurate! i think a lot of it depends on what the actual temp is and not the fact that its just "higher" . Its slowly creeping up, it was 36.38 today and had previously been low 20's. So am hoping for a higher temp tomorrow.
Tami i think i will do what you suggested and go to the doctors with my charts next month. I also may start over riding my detector like mama2roxy said. I O'd on day 23 last month so i think they are ssuming i will O around the same time again but my cycles are very irregular so i O at different times each month, hopefully they will see this as time goes on.
Thanks again ladies, keep sending me patience dust i need it by the truckload!!

Old 10-10-2006, 09:38 AM   #5
(female)

kimb0091 HB User

Hi Fallen! I would go with your instincts, especially if your cycles are irregular. I know on the friendly charting site I use, that they have been known to change things once in a while for some reason.

Closed Thread