It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2006, 05:32 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User
Question about Robitussin

I have decided to try the Robitussin thing for this next cycle, but I have a couple of questions. Hopefully someone can help me!
First of all, I read to take the kind that has ONLY Guaifenesin as the active ingredient, and that using some with more than that in it can actually diminish the effect I want. However, The only robitussin I could find that contains Guaif at all also contains Dextromethorphan. So is this the wrong kind then??
Then also, I read you should start taking it 5 days before O and then the day of O. What if you don't know exactly when you O? Is it bad to take it a couple extra days?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated please!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2006, 11:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GoldenMom HB User
Re: Question about Robitussin

It's okay to take it for an extra day or two.

If the Robitussin has an initials (like DM) it is not the right kind. You need to take plain Robitussin with no initials. All of the other Robitussins are made to dry up your sinuses and will dry up your CM. Not a good thing!! You definitely need to make sure that you are taking plain Robitussin.

I actually had very good luck drinking a mug of green tea everyday from the start of my period until I ovulated. It increased my CM without medicine!

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2006, 10:10 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User

Thanks goldenmom!
The robitussin I bought has no initials, but it does contain a cough suppressant as well as the expectorant (which thins mucous). I will keep my eye out for some that has only the expectorant just to be safe
I've thought about the green tea thing as well, however I just hate tea! Tea of all kinds! Tea is one of those acquired tastes along with coffee that I just never learned to like
Thanks for your advice it helped me a lot!

Old 10-14-2006, 08:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

GoldenMom HB User

It sounds like you have the right Robitussin already. Some health food stores sell Guaifenesin without any additives, if that is more your thing.

Regarding the green tea, you can actually buy green tea capsules and take them like vitamins. I know several women who had great results. Just a thought.

Best Wishes!

Old 10-15-2006, 08:25 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User

Thanks goldenmom...
I may look into that. Do you take one capsul every day of your cycle? Or just around "O" time?

Old 10-16-2006, 06:50 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

GoldenMom HB User

Take the capsules every day leading up to O, then I stop until the next cycle.

Closed Thread