It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2006, 01:01 PM   #1
(female)

savanannastar HB User
early miscarriage or just heavy period?

Ive been TTC and my periods are usually always regular every 29 days or so.Well this month my period was very different first it was 5 days early and it has never been early late but never early,Second I'm bleeding heavily way more than i normally would and there's some clotting in it too,this is my 4th day and normally it would be light and its still heavy?Could i be having a early miscarriage and it just started around my period time so i think its just my period?The only thing is I'm not having much cramping at all and i usually have some during my period.Well if it is a early miscarriage is it okay to keep trying when my period ends would that cause problems if i got prego again?Any body have anything like this happen I'm just wandering if it was a miscarriage or what else.

Old 10-31-2006, 01:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GoldenMom HB User
Re: early miscarriage or just heavy period?

It could be an early miscarriage, but the only way to tell if is you go to the doctor. For some reason, many women conceive quickly after a miscarriage, if this was one. It is safe for you to continue trying to conceive.

Good luck!

Last edited by GoldenMom; 10-31-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2006, 01:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User
Re: early miscarriage or just heavy period?

Well, generally, early periods do not indicate an early miscarraige. They can sometimes indicate an annovulatory cycle, or you could have ovulated a little early and be just having an abnormal period. A miscarraige is usually associated with cramping, or more painful than a regular period. I had an early m/c at 5 weeks and the cramps were much worse!
Also, as soon as I started ttc, my periods became wacky...probably from the stress of it and because I was thinking about it Now my cycles range from 23-30 days, and as long as they stay within that range that is what I consider normal for me!
As far as trying again...they do recommend waiting a few months before trying again if you do have a m/c to let your body heal. If I were you I wouldn't worry about it
Good luck!

Closed Thread