It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2006, 12:38 PM   #1
(female)

mbcraven HB User
are pregnancy symptoms the same as period symptoms?

I am supposed to start my period this week. My husband and I had unprotected sex every day during the week of my ovulation. Now I am having cramps like I am going to start my period. Can this be a pregnancy symptom or am I probably not pregnant?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2006, 12:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User
Re: are pregnancy symptoms the same as period symptoms?

It is really different for everyone, so unfortunately you will have to wait and see if your period comes or not. Some women do say they feel exactly like their period is coming on when they are pregnant, and others feel nothing at all and it is a lack of period symptoms that clues them in. But cramping is a very early pregnancy sign as the uterus needs to make room for the baby, but it can also mean your period is getting ready to start.
Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2006, 08:36 PM   #3
(female)

kimb0091 HB User

MBcraven - good luck! I'd say if you BD's every day that week you should have a pretty good chance. Like the previous post, symptoms are different for everyone. I'm having some cramps and AF isn't due for another week. I'm hoping it's a good sign because I never get cramps with AF.

Old 11-06-2006, 02:06 PM   #4
(female)

mbcraven HB User
Question Re: are pregnancy symptoms the same as period symptoms?

I keep thinking I am getting AF. I have slight cramps on and off, but then I just get this feeling that it is coming?!? Has anyone else had that feeling and then been pregnant? Also do you need to BD after O to try and get pg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimb0091
MBcraven - good luck! I'd say if you BD's every day that week you should have a pretty good chance. Like the previous post, symptoms are different for everyone. I'm having some cramps and AF isn't due for another week. I'm hoping it's a good sign because I never get cramps with AF.

Old 11-06-2006, 02:46 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User

You need to BD before O and the day of O when trying to get pregnant. I say before too because sperm can live inside a womens body for several days.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:02 AM   #6
(female)

myboogiewoogie HB User

When I got pregnant the first time I just knew that I was about to start. I had such cramps, and backache. My girlfriend told me to test and I flat out refused. I thought she was nuts. Until a couple of more days of this with no period. When I tested I got a + for the first time in two very long years. Good Luck!

Old 11-10-2006, 08:01 PM   #7
(female)

kellie84 HB User

Yep pretty much! It makes it really difficult to tell between them. I had AF cramps and a lot of bloating as my early preg symptoms. I thought AF was going to start too but it didn't!

Old 11-11-2006, 07:46 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

When I was pregnant the first time, I had period-like cramps the day before AF was supposed to start and I was sure I wasn't pregnant. Lots of baby dust your way!!!!

Closed Thread