It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2006, 09:00 AM   #1
(female)

cherr1e HB User
Discouraged..

Hello everyone. Heres my story if you havent read any of my other posts.. I'm married and ttc for 4 months now. I was on birth control for 2 years which made my cycle perfect. Then when I stopped the pill everything fell apart. My lmp was on Oct. 27 2006. Thats 44 days ago. I tested on Cd 38 & 39 and was negitive.

I havent really had any symptoms of pregnancy/or af untill last night. (Gas/bloating, sore nipples, and lots of CM!) I dont know what to do. I tried those opks but they never said I was ovulating. So my question is am I ovulating? And what can I do to help my cycle be more regular?

Thanks for listening.
miscarriage at 7wks 5/9/09.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2006, 12:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User
Re: Discouraged..

Hi cherr, I know it's tough, when I started TTC w/ my first son, my doc told me to stop the pill 6mo before we begun. You can get preggo as soon as you stop, but I was told, 6mo was good time to regulate my cycle. Also I read some studies that showed that a woman is more likely to m/c in the first 6mo after stopping the pill, that's why the 6mo period is recommended.

So you can definitly get preggo right away after the pill, but as in your case cycles may be irregular, making TTC difficult.

Have you been charting BBT. Last study I read, said BBT is 50% accurate in predicting ovulation alone, but together w/ checking CM it then is 75%, and if you checked position of the cervix, all three methods together, can accuratly predict ovulation 90% of the time.

I just started BBT and CM (after what I think is ovulation, so this month is lost), but I still have a hard time checking for cervix, frankly right now, I just can't feel it. Maybe it's in its "high" position. I just thought if I start now, eventhough it's in the middle of the cycle, I'll be more experienced next month.

Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2006, 06:10 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

babyluv01 HB User

well i'm kinda the same, except i hadn't had a cycle since jan. i got off the pill in may after 7 yrs. but the doc put me on progestin for 7 days in oct and i had a cycle on the 20th. then 46 days later i actually had a cycle my body produced on its own. like kiedy said it can take at least 6 months to get regular. were you reg before getting on the pill? don't be too sad, i know its hard. the way my friend put it, is its almost a miracle to get preg because everything has to be perfectly in sync. i'm starting to cope with it. its funny how people that aren't trying or shouldn't be preg (ie teens) get preg quickly. but women who are planning take months on end! try the opk's too! i have to order mine on line so i bought the answer brand that has 20 days worth. i'm not sure if its a good brand, but you start testing the day after your period ends. so we'll see. good luck, keep your chin up!

Old 12-12-2006, 04:38 PM   #4
(female)

cherr1e HB User

Hey guys, thanks for the replys. Yes I was irregular before going on the pill. Thats the reason I started taking it.. I took a hpt this afternoon and BFN! So I guess I will start the bbt and cm checking when af starts.
miscarriage at 7wks 5/9/09.

Closed Thread