It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2006, 04:12 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

southern_belle HB User
Stress, illness, & Delayed Periods

Hey y'all,

I have a question...When you period is delayed b/c of stress, sickness, etc, is it delayed because ovulation is delayed or is the time between ovulation and af lengthened? This may seem like a silly question, but I'm not sure. AF was 4 days late last month, so theoretically I should be starting on the 15th(Friday), and I should have O'd sometime around the 1st. But today(the 11th) I have some EWishCM and have been crampy and in a horrible mood. I was sick for a week, and going through a lot of stress at work. I don't know if I am O'ing now or what??
I plan to start temping with this months af, I know that will help me a lot. (Although it would be nice if I didn't have to worry about that ) I just wasn't sure if someone could answer my question...We bd'd according to thinking O was around 1st, I guess we should treat today the same just in case...Calgon take me away!!!

Belle

Old 12-11-2006, 04:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User
Re: Stress, illness, & Delayed Periods

Hi! It is your O that is delayed. The time in between O and AF with always be about the same give or take a day or so. Two cycles ago my O was delayed because I had the flu. My body started preparing to O (My CM told me so ) so we BDed plenty. Well then I got sick. I thought I had Oed and we had covered our bases, but as it turned out I Oed about a week late for me. I know this because of when my AF decided to show. I started temping this last cycle and it pinpointed my O perfectly! Timing is everything when you are TTC!
I would suggest temping though...its actually a lot of fun!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2006, 04:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

southern_belle HB User

Thanks megss,

You are truly an inspiration. I really hope your day is soon...you are so helpful to everyone...

I guess all we can do is bd tonight. then we will just wait and see!!!

Wish me lots of sticky, ooey, gooey baby dust!!!

Belle

Old 12-11-2006, 05:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User

Good luck Belle! Yes as long as you are not sure as to when you Oed, and you might be now, I would BD!!!! It's better to be safe than sorry

Closed Thread