It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2007, 11:10 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
its been like 6 months now and I failed agan

We have been trying for 6 months. Opks and regular cycles and still nothing. We are definately doing it at the perfect times and it isn't working. The crazy thing is my son (who is almost 3) was conceived by accident not trying at all! The only strange pattern I have noticed is 5 days before ovulation I have the EWCM and then when I am ovulating (confirmed by postive opk and cycle length) I am dried up. Is this the problem? Has anyone ever heard of this happening and causing fertility issues? Oh and I am also 24 so I should be in my prime for getting pregnant.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:18 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ALM HB User
Re: its been like 6 months now and I failed agan

Hi. Welcome to the board! First of all, six months of trying doesn't mean that something is wrong with you. It takes the average healthy couple six to eight months to conceive being that each month you only have a 25% chance of conceiving. I would be worried too, if I were you though, since you did conceive other child by accident. Congrats on already having one, by the way!!

As far as the EWCM thing... I know that if you aren't doing the BD when you are having the EWCM, then you could be experiencing problems getting the sperm up there to the egg by the time you O. I would suggest, unless you have already tried this, do the BD the few days before you O, when you are experiencing the EWCM and then when it is time to O, there should be plenty little guys up there just waiting on the egg. I have read that it is far more important to pay attention to the CM for fertility than it is to pay attention to those OPKs. Don't get me wrong, I do like them, but I know that Fertility Awareness people do not like them for the very reason that you are complaining about. Hope that I have been helpful. Good luck.

Just to reassure you... DH and I have been trying for fourteen months to conceive #2. We tried for eight months to conceive our DD. I am now on cd 32 awaiting AF because I my temp dipped a little this morning. I am still praying for a miracle.

Stay positive and try what I said for next month!!

ALM

Last edited by ALM; 01-22-2007 at 02:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2007, 12:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User
Re: its been like 6 months now and I failed agan

As far as the EWCM, sperm can survive about 5 days in EWCM, so if you BD when you've got it, the sperm should be there waiting. You can also try drinking a few cups of green tea daily to see if that will increase your EWCM. I know other women use Robitussin or Mucinex to increase EWCM but I'm not sure how that works. And even though I've never used it, I've heard Preseed is a good sperm-friendly lube to use around O time. Be sure you drink plenty of water around O too as that is also supposed to increase EWCM.

Last edited by livinTX; 01-22-2007 at 12:23 PM.

Closed Thread