It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2007, 01:10 PM   #1
(female)

broodygirl HB User
Hi everyone

Hi everyone
I have been reading everyones stories for a while now and finally decided to join because you seem so helpful. Me and my partner have been ttc for 3mnths only. The first month nothing at all, last month all of my 12 tests (yes, i am as obsessed as they come) came up positive af was late and bam I had the worst period ever. I spoke to my gyno who told me it was prob a chemical pregnancy. Today I went to the doc for a blood test (although I am only 7dpo). And I just did a peestick which has a very faint line. I am a wee bit excited but worry I am setting myself up for heartbreak again since I know they dont always stick (like last month). I just cant help myself. it will be my first so all of this is like a new game for me! I will get the blood test result tomorrow. I know you are all going to tell me off for being so impatient!

Old 01-22-2007, 03:53 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ALM HB User
Re: Hi everyone

Hi. Welcome to the board. I do not think you are being impatient. Being impatient comes with the territory of TTC. I hope that you are pg. this time. I have never heard of a chemical pg. until I joined this board, so I don't know anything about that. What is a chemical pg? Does your body think that you are pg., but you are actually not? Or is it a m/c? I am sorry you went through that but I would like to think that karma just isn't bad enough to make that happen to you two times in a row.

Good luck!!

ALM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2007, 12:42 AM   #3
(female)

broodygirl HB User

Hi Alm
Thanks for such positive encouragement and a warm welcome! It feels really nice to be a new member of this community.

I did another peestick this morning and of course there was no faint line this time LOL is it my eyes or something? You know we can see things that arent really there in the 2ww!

Regarding chemical pregs, I think the egg is actually fertilised but implantation either doesnt happen or doesnt 'stick'. That's my interpretation. My gyno said it was a good sign in a way, since it indicates that we are both able to get that far at least. Since this is our first time trying, we were not aware of even that. Apparently Chem pregs happen so often that perhaps even 20% end like that. It's just obsessives like me who notice it. Any other woman would just think it was a normal/ late period!

Old 01-23-2007, 06:11 AM   #4
(female)

broodygirl HB User

So, the blood test was negative. Never mind! Could it have been too early?

Old 01-23-2007, 07:28 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

ibelieve HB User

Yes, it very well could be too early. I'm surprised your office even drew your blood (and took your money )In fact, implantation may not have even occurred yet. I'm not sure how you got a + HPT at 7 dpo, since even the ones that brag about being able to test early only start on 9 dpo. Either way, don't be sad because it's really really early.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:21 AM   #6
(female)

broodygirl HB User

Hi Ibelieve

Thank you very much for your post. I think you put things into perspective for me and I agree that perhaps they shouldnt have taken my blood so early and charged me too. I think I need to get a hobby or something and wait more patiently.

You have been very helpful

Old 01-23-2007, 08:38 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

ALM HB User

Hey there broody! I am sorry that you didn't get the news you were hoping for but I do agree that it could have been too early. I know that my gyn. did my prog. level blood work too early this month. I am positive that my levels would have looked better if they would have listened to me that I was only 2 dpo instead of the proper 7 dpo for prog. level checks. I think you HAVE to be at least 10 dpo for even a blood test for pg. At least, that is what I have read.

Keep hope up until you get your AF. I pray that you will get your BFP but don't get down if you don't b/c this is your first month. I know when you want to be pg., though, you want to be pg., no matter how long you have been trying.

Talk to you soon.
ALM

Old 01-23-2007, 09:18 AM   #8
(female)

Tigrilla HB User

Broody, at 7dpo is when they usually like to test for progesterone, which is helpful to know. Did they test you for that as well, because that would make more sense. I got a prog test and a preg test at 7dpo, but the preg was of course negative. I took a hpt at 14dpo and there was a light line. I am also wondering about the possibility of a chemical preg. Do you remember having any problems with a lower back ache? The only time I have every had a lower back ache is few weeks leading up to a missed miscarriage and now. I'm not too excited yet but I'm going to see the dr tomorrow. Welcome and best of luck to you!!

Last edited by Tigrilla; 01-23-2007 at 09:18 AM.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:45 AM   #9
(female)

broodygirl HB User

Hi Tigrilla, that's useful to know. They didnt test for progesterone. just HCG. I get lower back pain every day of my life so I cant say it was related to the chempreg. I had no Idea other than the sticks were at a good visible line and then disappeared. Also, my af was late and I am extremely regular and also my period was exceptionally painful.

Hey dont think about that now. Keep your hopes up! Let us know what happens!

Hi ALM thank you for the words of support and the useful information that you gave. Its so nice to be here with you all.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:33 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User

Tigrilla I had a lower back ache before I tested BFP!

Old 01-23-2007, 12:55 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

ishade HB User

I had a Chemical PG once before, it is awful. you just find out you are pregnant and bam you get the worst period ever!!! It definately could be too soon for a blood test to detect pregnancy right now. The egg may not even be implanted yet. Good luck!

Closed Thread