It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2007, 05:10 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

ALM HB User
Question about CM??

Okay... I hope that this isn't a gross question but.... here it goes. I know what CM does during the first part of a cycle. I know how you are supposed to check it and wait until it gets to that EWCM but my question is what does it do as you get closer to AF? Here is why I want to know this...

Today is cd32. I am so hoping for a BFP this month b/c I still haven't seen AF... but I am having some cramping (have been having cramping for several days). I also keep running to the bathroom b/c I keep thinking that AF is here. But when I go to the bathroom it is like CM. What does this mean? I can't remember if I do this every month or not. I don't think it has ever been this much for so long before AF is due. It is hard to remember from month to month b/c the months just start running together after all this time. I actually checked CM a little while ago and it is kind of like what it is like building up to O.

Does anyone have any input here? Has anyone noticed this to be more so when pg. or do any of you experience this every month? Any info would be helpful. I am wondering simply b/c I want to be pg. so badly this month.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2007, 06:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User
Re: Question about CM??

Ok, after O, your CM should dry up again. Mine would always become creamy and abundant immediately following O and then become sticky and scant in the days leading to AF. I think that is very similiar to what most ladies experience. The month I got pregnant, my CM was exactly the same. Around 7 dpo I hardly had any, so I assumed I was another BFN. Then all of a sudden at 9 or 10 dpo it became very abundant and creamy again. I am 7 weeks now and getting lots and lots and LOTS of creamy CM. I need to start wearing panty liners it's that bad.
I'de say that's a great sign that you are getting more than normal!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2007, 07:24 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ALM HB User

Thanks for the info, Meggs!! And congrats on the pg!!! I was sort of thinking the same thing you said but, I didn't know if it was for sure or not. I can feel the CM more inside than it is coming out now, if that makes sense. That is why I checked it b/c I thought that maybe I was starting AF and it just wasn't coming out yet. It wasn't blood but it was like CM, white and creamy. I am so hopeful. I keep having on and off cramps, sometimes they are pretty bad. Since getting pg. is so fresh in your mind, can you remember if you cramped a lot and thought that AF was on her way? I have a DD but she is almost three so it is hard to remember that long ago.

If it doesn't happen this month, we have an appt. with a RE on Feb. 5th so I really want it to happen this month. Were you having any other symptoms before you found out you were pg? How many dpo's were you when you tested and got a BFP?? I want to test in the morning, if my temp remains high, but I am nervous it might still too early. I am about 12 dpo today.

Good luck with your pregnancy!!

Old 01-23-2007, 07:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User

ALM-
I was 9 dpo according to my chart...but I think I was more like 11 dpo when I tested BFP.
I defiantely had cramps!!! I had some cramping pretty much right after O all the way until after I tested BFP. Also, on the day I expected AF, I had REALLY BAD AF cramps. It felt like the heavy day of my period, but I never bled.
Other symptoms I had were very tired and thirsty. I started nausea and barfing a little over a week ago

Old 01-23-2007, 10:21 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User

ALM,

I hope you get a BFP! Increased CM is a sign of a BFP but many women (including myself) get CM resembling EWCM 2-3 days before AF. I get it every month, without fail. However, it's not a whole lot of CM, just a bit. If you're getting tons of CM, that could be a sign of a BFP.

Last edited by livinTX; 01-23-2007 at 10:22 AM.

Closed Thread