It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2007, 07:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mistina HB User
Does EWCM mean fertile and ovulating?

Hi guys! I am thinking about TTC again and was wondering....if you have EWCM, which I always have...does that definitely mean that you are fertile and that you are going to ovulate or can this be misleading?
I tried in the fall with no luck of getting pregnant for about 4 months and always had the EWCM. I still have a quite a bit of it at the right time but can't figure out why I didn't get pregnant. Unless of course my hubby has the problem. But, I was just wondering if the EWCM thing is positivity for being fertile or can you still have it and not being able to conceive?

Christina

Old 01-30-2007, 09:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sophie11 HB User
Re: Does EWCM mean fertile and ovulating?

It is generally a sign that you are getting ready to O. I have read that some women can get more than one patch of ecwm for one cycle, so it doesn't always mean that you are fertil. Have you tried temping? I just started this month and I love it. I feel so much more in control because I feel like I know exactly what my body is doing.

I hope this helps a little. Good luck!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2007, 10:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User

EWCM generally means your body is gearing up to O, but then it can back down from ovulation and then you'll get more EWCM when your body gears up to O again. Some women experience many patches of EWCM during their cycles (especially those with long cycles). The only way to know if you've ovulated is temping. I love it too. You should try to have intercourse whenever you notice the EWCM even when temping because temping only tells you AFTER the fact that you have O'ed. Also, I find when I check my CM internally, I will sometimes find EWCM there but not externally. So, it's a good idea to check your CM internally.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:57 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mistina HB User

I always baby danced when I had the EWCM but it seems as though I have it alot! But if when my cycles are about 28 days (normal) I babydanced from about the 12th-17th days. I had the EWCM too and still no luck. Temping...can you just use the thermometer you put under your tongue? I'll have to read up on this!

Old 01-31-2007, 10:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User

For temping, you should buy a basal body thermometer, they read an extra decimal place compared to a regular thermometer. Sometimes, having a slightly more accurate temp. can make a difference. Mine is digital and cost about $10, so they're not expensive. You can google trying to conceive and basal body temperatures and I'm sure you'll get a lot of hits explaining how to do it. In short, you temp. daily at ideally the same time each morning after waking (I set an alarm). You need 3 hours of sleep prior to temping and you temp in bed before going to the bathroom or drinking anything. (Though I've occasionally had to break the bathroom rule, didn't affect my temps. much but everyone is different.) Before ovulation, your temps. tend to be lower...for example, before I O, my temps. are in the 97s. After O'ing, your temps. jump up (mine go above 98).

Temping can also alert you to other problems, like having an insufficient luteal phase--14 days is ideal, but it could be yours are too short or borderline/short--less than 10 days.

Closed Thread