It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2007, 11:19 AM   #1
(female)

luvmyjeep HB User
Don't get EWCM?

Ok so I started charting and checking my CM daily. I have a couple questions.
1. How long is the dip in temp when you O? I had one but it was only for 1 day.
2. I never have EWCM is that bad? I know you should get it when you O but i don't. I get an increase and it gets really smooth and clear (same time as dip in temp) but its not stretchy like when you are "excited" (i heard thats how it should be) Is it going to cause problems?
3. How much should your temps differ? During my cycle my range is 97.6 to 97.9 then it dipped to 97.4 (assumably when i O'd). Just wondering if they should vary that much when you aren't Oing?

Thanks

Old 02-04-2007, 03:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User
Re: Don't get EWCM?

1. When I have the dip when I O (it only happens some months, not every month), it is a 1-day dip.

2. Have you just come off the pill? I noticed my first couple cycles off the pill I didn't have much EWCM.

EWCM definitely helps TTC. It is the type of CM where sperm can survive the longest.

I do the following to increase my EWCM:

First, drink plenty of water. This works best if you're consistent and try to drink 8 8 oz. glasses of water all through your cycles, besides the fact it's good for you, it helps your body produce EWCM around your fertile time.

I take evening primrose oil (2000 mg., some women take 3000 mg. daily) from CD 1 until O (best to stop it at O as it may cause uterine contractions).

I drink 1-2 cups of decaff. green tea daily from about the end of AF until O.

These things have really increased my amount of EWCM. I've also heard of women drinking grapefruit juice around from when AF leaves to O to increase CM. Some other women also take Mucinex or Robitussin (the one without the letters after the name I believe) to water down their existing CM since watery CM is also considered sperm-friendly and fertile. But I've not tried any of these last methods.

Failing that, you can use Preseed, which is a sperm-friendly lube. I've never used it myself, but I'm sure there are some on these boards who have experience with it.

3. For this cycle, my temps. did the following: 97.1 to 97.5 pre-O, on O, dip to 96.77, after O, my temps. have been 97.9-98.2. My temps. this cycle are lower than I've had all my previous cycles for some reason (about 0.5 degrees F lower all cycle).

Last edited by livinTX; 02-04-2007 at 03:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2007, 08:48 PM   #3
(female)

luvmyjeep HB User
Re: Don't get EWCM?

Thank you so much for your reply. It makes me feel so hopeful. I already drink alot of water so i will try some of the other things and see if that helps. I have a lot of CM its just not EWCM its really watery so i hope it doesn't make them slide backwards lol.

Closed Thread