It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2007, 06:35 AM   #1
(female)

browneyed-babe HB User
Spotting/Cramping- AF coming or possible BFP

We have been ttc since September. I have never had a BFP yet. This month we used OPK's and timed it right. I was getting alot of discharge which is highly unusual for me so I started testing early at 9 DPO. Results were pretty much negative at 9DPO, 10 DPO there was a very light line but I had to manipulate it in the light to see it. 11 DPO was darker - my husband could see it, 12 DPO - darker yet - could see it very clearly -pink - and this morning at 13 DPO it was slightly darker and appeared in the first 3 min - test says must appear within 5 min - it is a definite line - no mistaking it but was not as dark as the control line.

Problem is yesterday I spotted a bit and was cramping a bit. This morning a bit a again and cramping slightly. AF is due to show by tomorrow as I have regular 27 day cycles. I am confused as to whether or not to expect AF or that this could possibly be a symptom of pregnancy. My husband could clearly see the lines - he actually said "how could you not see that line?" and is baffled too - he said maybe AF won't come and not to come to conclusions until it actually shows up.

Has anyone else experienced this? Why would I get a line at all if I am not pregnant? We are really hoping for the BFP.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sophie11 HB User
Re: Spotting/Cramping- AF coming or possible BFP

I think you are pg for sure. I would call the dr. They will probably want to do a bloode test. Good luck and keep us posted!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2007, 02:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User

You are definately pregnant! Congrats! Light spotting can be very normal in early pregnancy. Also, so is cramping. I had very bad AF cramps right around the time I expected my AF. That was 5 weeks ago and I am still pregnant Just take it easy and congrats again!

Old 02-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #4
(female)

browneyed-babe HB User

Thank you for your responses. I still haven't started AF yet but I am spotting a bit again today -brown and cramping off and on again. I feel bloated. Don't really have any other symptoms other than being a bit tired and eating more.

I bought a first response test an hour ago and it came up positive within a minute and I only held my urine for 2hrs - I couldn't hold it any longer. I also did a LH test this am as I have read it comes up positive when you are pregnant and it was a definite positive. Clearly a positive but I don't really believe it yet because of the cramping - thanks Megss for your input that you had cramping makes me hopeful that this is a normal thing. I am so afraid I will miscarry. Praying that I don't and that this isn't a chemical pregnancy.

My doctor is not in Wednesdays so I am going to call to just see if I can get the paperwork for a blood test from his assistant.

This is my first BFP - our 5th month trying and will be our first child (God willing)! I will believe it when the doctor says it!

Old 02-07-2007, 10:39 AM   #5
(female)

confrustrated HB User

Congrats!!

Old 02-07-2007, 10:59 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sophie11 HB User

Good luck to you. I know you must be going crazy right now. Keep us posted!!

Old 02-07-2007, 05:12 PM   #7
(female)

yellowbird14 HB User

Congratulations on your positive sounding news! This is my first post on this board, but I've been lurking for about 2 months. I recently got off the pill on Jan 9, got AF on Jan 11, and had been TTC. Around Jan 30ish, I started getting very sore BBs and attributed it to AF coming soon, even though that was a bit early - I certainly didn't think it would be pregnancy, as I had JUST gotten off the pill. Then, I started with the AF-like cramps, and thought AF must SURELY be on the way. Well, just yesterday, I took a First Response Early test and saw two lines right away. I had an appt with my OB, so I brought the test along and showed her and she confirmed it was a postitive result. She scheduled a blood test and today I got my results that I am truly pregnant. So, it sounds like you could be well on your way. I still get a bit of crampiness every once in a while, but the doc said that's not uncommon. It feels like little zings in the ovary areas, like when you're ovulating. So, best of luck and please let us know how it turns out!

Old 02-07-2007, 08:18 PM   #8
(female)

pugluver31902 HB User

Congrats to both of you! Oh you both must be so excited right now!!!! Lucky ducks! Im so happy for you!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread