It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2007, 03:06 PM   #1
(female)

Sophiesmomma HB User
home ovulation predictor question

Hey girls,

So, I did one of my ovulation prediction tests--got a nice dark line--looks justlike the comparison test window-so, according to the directions, if the test result looks like the comparison window, I should be ovulating within 24-48 hours? I am on cd 18 or 19. Is the LH hormone produced after ovulation, too? I had ewcm yesterday and on 2/5. Could ovulation be right around the corner? So, I should bd tonight, right?? How accurate are these tests?

I am full of question... THANKS!!!

Take care,
Rachel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2007, 09:16 PM   #2
(female)

pugluver31902 HB User
Re: home ovulation predictor question

I think a dark line means you are ovulating between now and the next 12 hours. I would BD tonight!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2007, 07:11 PM   #3
(female)

Sophiesmomma HB User

Hey!

yeah, Dh and I did do some bd'ing on the two days I had dark lines on the opk test. I took another opk test today and it was much fainter than the days before, so we shall see!

Rachel

Old 02-09-2007, 11:18 AM   #4
(female)

browneyed-babe HB User

The LH surge is before ovulation. I used these tests for the first time this past month. I had a surge on 2 days Jan 22nd and Jan 23rd - we bd the day before the first surge Jan 21 the day of the first surge 22nd and the day after the second surge - 24th. Since I temped I later verified I ovulated on the 24th because my temp jumped on the 25th so we hit ovulation day right on and we are pregnant!

If you see the surge you are to bd within 12-48hrs. You should bd the day you see the surge and the day after. There is conflicting info in books as some say it will happen within 12-24hrs and some say it could take as long as 48hrs. It depends on each woman's body. For me it was within 48hrs from my first surge. LH will be negative on the test when surge is over meaning an egg was released already - keep in mind there is always a little LH in the body so a faint line is a negative.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:45 PM   #5
(female)

Sophiesmomma HB User

hey!

Thanks for the info---that cleared up some of my confusion and answered some questions..

Rachel

Closed Thread