It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2007, 08:50 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

southern_belle HB User
Question about checking CM...

Hi y'all

I have a question...and it will probably be tmi, but I need some insight.
How do you check CM the day after bd? I don't know how it is for most, but it seems that I have 'love juices' (as DH and I so technically call it ) in me still the next day, masking any actual CM I may have. So what do I do?? Any advice?

I am on CD 8 today. Yesterday I had gobs on beige stuff (unusual at CD7), but last night we bd'd and today it is just love juice so I am not sure what to record

Any insight would be much appreciated

Belle

Old 03-08-2007, 01:37 AM   #2
(female)

Rach28 HB User
Re: Question about checking CM...

Hi Belle,
I don't really have an answer for you as I don't chart but maybe you could put it down as it is but also note that you bd last night as bd does change the consistency of things!! Sorry I can't be more help hopefully someone else will have a better insight into it.

Good luck and baby dust

Rach x

P.s Will be visiting your sunny climate in four weeks can't wait!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2007, 02:25 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

Hi ive had the same problem too . I haven t found much info but maybe this can help ........

If you find that you have more watery or eggwhite days than you would expect and that these often follow days or nights that you had intercourse, then you may be mistaking seminal and cervical fluid. They have similar properties because they share the same function: transporting and nourishing sperm. You will find, however, that fertile cervical fluid (eggwhite) is more clear and stretchy and shiny. It will stretch a couple of inches without breaking. Semen may be more whitish and is more likely to break when pulled.

Good luck
Amy

Old 03-08-2007, 06:23 AM   #4
(female)

hopefullone HB User

Hi all!! I'm so glad someone asked this question because I have been wondering the same thing! Any idea about how long it takes the "love juices" to work its way out? My husband and I have been trying every other night, so the morning/day after I don't really pay too much attention to the CM. But can the "love juices" still be there the following day too?

Old 03-08-2007, 06:55 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

southern_belle HB User

Thanks for the insight...

It just seems that I have had more cm immediately following af this cycle than most. So it seem extra abundant the day after bd. Sometimes it is hard to decipher between the 2, so I didn't know if anyone had any advice/tips on how to record it. I guess I will just continue to make a note of it.

Hopefull-I'm not sure how long it will stick around, seems like after the next day anything else could be counted as actual cm, but then again, I'm not sure.

I just hope this is our month! I bought opks to try this month too, so we'll see!!!

Belle

P.S. Rach-what part of FL will you be visiting. I live in the southwest part and the weather has been beautiful here...nice temps clear blue skies...I think I may try to make it to the beach myself this weekend...could use the r&r

Last edited by southern_belle; 03-08-2007 at 06:57 AM.

Old 03-08-2007, 04:27 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rubynz HB User

I can't believe you asked this question!!! I was thinking of posting the exact same questuion on the IF board but wasn't sure how to word it. Judging by most of the answers you got it seems to be a lot of trial and error. Hopefully somebody will be able to fill us in. If you want I can post the question on the other board and see what answers the ladies there come up with. Let me know.

Ruby

Old 03-08-2007, 08:28 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

In the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility this question is answered. You do the water test. Get a glass of water and put a drop of the cm/semen in the water.CM will clump together while semen will stay stringy or dissolve. Best thing to do is do either one at a time when you know exactly what it is so you wont have to guess when you actually want to know. Like a time you havent bd take the cm and do the water test.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 03-09-2007, 02:21 AM   #8
(female)

Rach28 HB User

Belle,
We are ging to be staying in the Davenport Lakes area, great to hear the weather has been good! Four weeks today we'll be there!!

Rach x

Old 03-09-2007, 07:30 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

southern_belle HB User

Hey y'all ,

Ruby-Looks like Blastoff answered the question. Like you said, other than that I think it just trial and error. I guess when in doubt just keep bding

Blastoff-I finally bought this book Monday. I have been reading it this week and just haven't gotten to that part yet I guess. Everyone kept recommending it, so I went ahead and bought it. From what I read so far, I do believe everyone women should read it. It is very empowering to understand your body.

Rach-I believe that is in the middle of the state, a good ways northeast of me. I live fairly close to the water. FL is full of lakes and waterways, so no matter where you go you should have an awesome time

Hope everyone is well...I really hope we all have a "positive" month!!!

Belle

Last edited by southern_belle; 03-09-2007 at 07:31 AM.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:52 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

I need a newer copy myself but love the book. I suggest it over and over to anyone no matter ttcing or not. I swear if I ever have a daughter or if my own sons have a daughter she(they) will have copies of that book.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 03-09-2007, 12:35 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

southern_belle HB User

Blastoff-I agree, and I am only on about Chapter 2! btw, I just noticed you are from LA...That is where we are from, we have only been in FL for not quite 2 years. I am PRAYING that we will be back home very very soon...what part of LA do you live in?

Hope everyone is doing well. Today is CD 10 and my CM is kind of creamy, kind of watery. I bought opks. Since my periods have run anywhere from 30-40 days over the last 6-7 months, I think I will start to use them on Monday, CD 13. I would rather start early rather than miss something. I really hope using these will help us this month. I really really want this to be our month. I think it will be hard to ttc for the 1st month or so after we move home as we will probably have to stay with my mil until we get settled. So we will just have to see. I have everything crossed hoping for a BFP and a move home all this month

Belle

Old 03-09-2007, 02:46 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Actually not from here from both Texas and Arkansas but we are stationed here now. We are just north/east of Shreveport. It is so good to be back in the south after 5 years in Utah.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 03-09-2007, 05:12 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

southern_belle HB User

Very cool...we are from the SE part, directly across Lake Ponchatrain from N.O.
Stationed...Military I assume? Isn't there an Air Force Base up that way? DH was in the Army 13 years, been out for about 1.5 years. Very proud of him, but relaxed that he is out.

Thanks for all or your help and insight. I can't wait to read some more in TCOYF. I really hope this is our month

Belle

Old 03-09-2007, 07:21 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yeah Barksdale and we have been here since Feb of 2005 and thankfully once dh gets back from his year in Korea he will finish out his last 5 years here. He's been in 14 yrs.
No problem on helping thats what the boards are for.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 03-14-2007, 04:33 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

southern_belle HB User

Good Morning

Ok, i have another quetstion: This morning, I had a 'good' amount of CM and it was stretchy, but not slippery if that makes any sense. It was more opaque than clear and on the thick side, but it does stretch a few inches. I overslept this morning, so I did not take my temp I thought I could make it all cycle without missing a temp But DH had to travel yesterday and didn't get home til late, so this morning we didn't hear the clock. Anyway, opk was negative again yesterday and I just wanted some insight. I have looked in my TCOYF book, but don't see where there is a "stretchy, but thick" cm description.

Hope everyone is doing well..

Belle

Closed Thread