It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2007, 12:00 PM   #1
(female)

dmans HB User
TTC after 2 early miscarriages--low hcg?

I am 22 years old, DH and have been TTC since last June. I got prego the first time I tried, but had an early miscarriage--it took me almost a week to get a BFP, then miscarried a few days later (~5 weeks). Same thing happened again in Sept 06, took almost a week to get a VERY faint BPF, then miscarried less than a week after that (~6 weeks). Doctors tell me there is no cause for concern since miscarriages are common early in pregnancy. After the first I figure it was no big deal, just try again--but after the second I started to wonder. I am young and both DH and I are normal weight. I havent had any tests done on hcg or progesterone, but I wonder if maybe something is wrong? My periods range from about 29 to 32 days, and I am pretty sure I ovulate about 2 weeks before. (Checking cm, not charting BBT or using ov. kit). I am currently a week late for my period (if 32 days), but two early response hpts have been neg. (First was after 3 days late, one yesterday). I am afraid this is going to be like last time, if I take another hpt in a few days it might be pos, but I will miscarry soon. Anything I can do? What should I ask the doc to test for?

Old 03-11-2007, 12:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User
Re: TTC after 2 early miscarriages--low hcg?

Hi

I don t think i can really answer your questions.
I would find a good Dr and let him/her take care of you.
You can do is get a hormone profile done. That way you can get an idea if your hormones are ok. I would also get a thyroid test done since thyroid problems are common causes for early m/c.
Have you ever done a blood test to confirm the pregnancies?
Locally they do tests only after a 3rd m/c but its not easy . I don t agree with this.
You are still young. I know its not easy i ve been through a m/c however don t give up.

Take care Amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2007, 01:02 PM   #3
(female)

dmans HB User

Yeah, blood tests confirmed both, but the tests were done after the miscarriages--so the numbers were already going down and were thus very low. Thanks for the info--I will probably go the the doc next week if I still havent started.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:43 PM   #4
(female)

dmans HB User

Just wanted to post an update for you all...
AF arrived today...a week and a few days late. So all is well in that area--at least it doesnt look like yet another miscarriage
I have been looking into possible natural remedies online--since my doctors have been quite un-helpful (they tell me that having multiple miscarriages is normal--I disagree when I am only 22 years old). Anyways, I went to a local natural vitamin/supplement store to talk to some of the people there. They suggested progesterone cream, the woman told me that she has taken several classes about the uses for the cream and has helped several women regain "normal" menstrual cycles after getting off the pill. She was quite well informed--we talked chemistry for a while (I am a grad school chemist), and she really knew what she was talking about! She gave me very specific directions on using the cream, both before and during pregnancy. If you havent looked into it, I highly recommend it--it has come up frequently in many of the searches I have done on infertility--it has also been shown to help support normal pregnancies and produce more healthy, less premature babies. One note of caution, it is progesterone drop that causes menstruation to occur, thus, if you begin using a progesterone cream during early pregnancy you MUST continue until your doctor or midwive advises you to stop (the hormone naturally decreases at a certain point in pregnancy)--stopping prematurely could lead to a drop in progesterone and a subsequent miscarriage.

Last edited by dmans; 03-12-2007 at 09:44 PM.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:16 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

There were other threads re this progesterone creams. Is it ok to use it without consulting your de? You might nit have a problem at all after all.

Think about it. I would get prog levels checked first.

Amy

Old 03-13-2007, 07:10 PM   #6
(female)

dmans HB User

I have been doing a lot of research online as well as speaking to that store clerk. It seems that regardless of whether or not you have a problem at all, you can benefit from using progesterone cream. It is prescribed as a natural remedy for PMS as well as menopause.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:28 PM   #7
(female)

mariella HB User

I am sorry that this has happened to you. I agree with Amy, get your thryoid checked out,because I have always had an underactive thyroid and I had 2 early misscarriages last year, one after the other, and I had to then go on thyroid meds to bring it into the normal range. Who knows if this caused them but one, then two?? It was very unexplainable.

Good luck with TTC

Old 03-14-2007, 10:38 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

bricely HB User

well i heard that drinking raspberry leaf tea tones the uterus and regulate your period since i had a m/c i wanted to make sure its strong i've been drinking that to prepare my body so when i get pg so i'm crossing my fingers it working i'll know by april if i'm pg or not

Old 03-16-2007, 07:04 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

ibelieve HB User

Hi there! I'm sorry about your 2 miscarriages. Honestly, you sound EXACTLY like me. I've had 3 early losses, each around 5 wks. After the second one, my doc sent me to an RE for a workup. All the tests were normal. However, I went on to become pg and miscarried for the 3rd time exactly like the first 2. Ended up seeing another RE, and all labs were normal except for one. We have since treated the problem, and now we are TTC again. My point? I really think you should press to get testing. It would be different if you m/c'd at different weeks (such as 5 wks, then 10 wks). But the extremely early losses suggest to me you may have an issued with implantation. Sure, progesterone could have something to do with it, but so could a lot of other things like poor egg quality, a chromosomal problem, uterine anomalies, etc. If they continue to brush you off, then you might want to try the progesterone cream like you were talking about but if it happens again, request testing until somebody listens!!! Good luck dear.

Old 03-16-2007, 12:53 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

It looks like all of us have been through a m/c. i am sorry . . it was hard enough for me to go through 1 but 2 or 3 .. . it must not be easy.

Ibelieve may i ask what the problem was?

Ladies don t give up . . i am sure that somehow or another .. .sooner or later we will have our bundle of joy.

Amy

Old 03-20-2007, 11:42 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

ibelieve HB User

No problem. I tested + for mycoplasma. It is believed to make the uterine lining slimy and thus inhibit proper implantation. It's controversial among docs as whether or not it really has an effect, as lots of women test + for it and have normal pregnancies. But, hey, it was something, right? Right now we are TTC again, using meds to help strengthen ovulation (strong egg=strong embryo=strong pg), since we are pulling out all stops this time. Unfortunately the Clomid didn't work in the first 3 cycles, so we are moving on to injectables next month. Kinda nervous about the whole hyperstim and multiples, but am willing to try it for at least a few cycles. At least my doc is willing to try it all, and if this fails, then I guess we'll know our answer is "No."

-believe

Old 03-20-2007, 12:35 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

Thanks for the info . . .. . .i just think its so important to learn all that i can.

Really hope that this will work for you. it looks like you ve been through quite alot. Really hope that you get your BFP this month. However even though at times its sooooo hard . . . .just don t give up.

Amy

Closed Thread