HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Trying to Conceive (TTC) (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/trying-conceive-ttc/)
-   -   how long is your cycle? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/trying-conceive-ttc/481822-how-long-your-cycle.html)

crazylife85 03-18-2007 08:40 AM

how long is your cycle?

Hey i want to get a intake of everyone cycle here..............!

my cycle so far ever since i got of b/c it seems like 32 days, but i think it might just be going back to old cycle...!

How long is your cycle.....? what days do you OD?

thanks

Amy 333 03-18-2007 11:55 AM

Re: how long is your cycle?

Hi :wave:

My cycle is 28/29 days long and i normally ovulate on CD 14

Amy

Rach28 03-18-2007 01:22 PM

:wave:

My cycle is 28 days and I O on cd15/16

Rach x :)

bricely 03-19-2007 01:13 PM

i don't know my cycle i counted from when i got my af at feb to march and mines is 24 to 25 is that normal for everyone i thought it was always suppose to be 28 to 30

crazylife85 03-19-2007 05:26 PM

I dont think that your abnormal... Every girl is different...!

As for myself, i use to be 54 day cycke then i got on birthcontrol pills and then my cycle was exactly 28 days.....

As soon as i got off B/c ( since i only took it to regulate my period) My period cycle changed to 32 days...

I've been on this cycle since Nov of 06 and now apparently it's changing maybe to the old irregular cycle of 54 days...

Af was due March 15.... and still No show, I thought that i could be Pg but i took 2 test and they came out negative.... so i'm not keeping the thought that im pregnant in my head... but i might be since i heard that some show BFN until they reach about 7 weeks or 2 missed af.... so lets see.

Do you have any suggestions?

Numb_one 03-19-2007 05:45 PM

Hi,

My cycle length is 35 days. I came off birth control in about May last year & since then my cycle has been longer. The first month since coming off the pill, it varied a little..... it was 32 days, then it hit 35/36 days & i fell pregnant, but miscarried on 9th December 06. Had my D&C on 9th December 06 & then my first normal period arrived on 13th Jan 07 (so 35 days exactly from the D&C & it's been the same since). I am now due for af to arrive on the 24th March & hoping that it doesn't come ;)

From the way i calculate my O date, i was most fertile on 9th March 07 & then ovulation was the 10th. I got this information from a website that calculates it for you based on cycle length & the date your last menstual period started. This is what it gave me:

Cycle length: 35 days

Last menstrual period: February 17th 07 - First day of your last period.

Possibly fertile: March 7th 07 - Sperm can survive inside you & wait for the egg to be released.

Likely fertile: March 8th 07 - Two days before ovulation.

Fertile: March 9th 07 - Day before ovulation. Very fertile.

Ovulation: March 10th 07 - The egg is released.

Day after ovulation: March 11th 07 - Possibly fertile.

Fertility decreasing: March 12th 07 - The egg can survive for about 24 hours without being fertilised & then disintegrates.

Implantation: March 17th 07 - Approximate day when the egg, if fertilised, implants in the uterus.

Earliest day a blood pregnancy test can turn positive: March 18th 07 - A blood pregnancy test may be accurate now.

Some HPT may be accurate by now: March 20th 07 - There is a high rate of false negatives at this point, meaning that you are/may be pregnant but it won't yet register on the test.

Day your next period is expected: March 24th 07 - A pregnany test should be accurate now.

Due date: December 1, 2007 - This is the date your baby would be due if you got pregnant in this cycle!

So that's what i go by & it also fits with what my GP told me about how to work out my most fertile time, so i'm pretty sure it is near fool-proof.

My GP told me to count forward from the day my period starts the amount of days in my cycle, & then count back from that date 14 days & that is when O happens. So to start bding a couple of days either side of that date.... as that would maximise the chances of getting pregnant & not missing the boat.... so to speak :D

Hope this hasn't confused anyone too much :confused:

Crystal xoxoxox

Sophiesmomma 03-19-2007 07:05 PM

My cycles are between 28-31 days.. I have no idea when I ovulate though! Typically, the LP is consistent from cycle to cycle, right? It is the preovulatory phase and ovulation day that varies?

crazylife85 03-19-2007 07:09 PM

Hey sophie.............!

How are you? Sorry i dont have an answer for your question but it seemed like you submit while i was typing and i just wanted to say hi and how are you doing?

Sophiesmomma 03-19-2007 07:32 PM

I am OBSESSING over this whole ttc thing right now..I need to stop and just enjoy my dd before she grows up too fast! But no, instead I obsess and obsess and obsess:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

other than that, I am doin' ok..

How are you and all my other ttc pals for that matter??

crazylife- No af, huh? Maybe heading in to the dr. for some blood work may give you an answer

take care,
Rachel

crazylife85 03-19-2007 07:48 PM

yes, i know.... that's why i'm waiting to see if Af decides to show her face................

it's been 4 days and it seems as if af is due....! my body right now feels exremly warmer than usual......... other than that........... stii BFN!!!!!!:confused:

Sophiesmomma 03-19-2007 08:05 PM

well, good luck to you! I know with dd, I tested a week later and got my +. However, didn't try testing before that (like your situation) so I don't know if I would have gotten a bfp or bfn then?

Anyway, best wishes!!!

Rachel

Hazel 74 03-22-2007 05:01 AM

oooh, such an interesting thread!!! :)

... my cycle is 28-32 days usually... I have no idea what day I ovulate... but once went for an u/s (as part of pre-conception check up) on cd17 and doc confirmed that I had ovulated... so I think Crystal is absolutely right in method of calculation...

Been TTCing for 9 frustrating cycles (had "break" months in between due to my/DH work related travel + one accident injury!)... SOPHIE -- like you I too keep obsessing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

... sigh... don't know when it will be my time... but it is sure nice to have all the buddies here on the board to obbsess together :):):)

crazylife85 03-22-2007 09:54 AM

thank everone for responding......! I'm so confused about my cycle....
I'm usually 32 days but i'm a week late and i've tested and still have gotten a BFN it's so fustrating when you want your baby to give you a hint of what's going inside and instead it's just trigger thoughts that make you go bananas :dizzy:

southern_belle 03-22-2007 11:21 AM

Hey girls,

Since being off of bc since June '06, my cycles have ranged anywhere from
30-40 days. The average is around 32-33 days. I have been charting for 3 months, and confirmed ovulation on CD 18 (today is Cd 23) this cycle.

Rachel - if I am not mistaken, didn't you chart last month? If not, I would suggest you give it a try...it is amazing how much you can understand your body and actually find out information like when you O and what your lp is. And yes, it is the pre-ovulatory phase and O that can vary. Your lp will generally always be the same from month to month and if it did ever vary, it would only be by maybe a day. If you bbt, you will know when you o, therefore know when to expect af.

Hazel - I would suggest you chart as well. After 9 heart breaking months of trying, it is worth a shot.

crazylife - Yes, I know I sound like a broken record, but charting is awesome. If you were charting you would be able to look at your chart and see if/when you O'd and know when to expect af rather than thinking you are a week late, when you may actually not be if you Od later than you thought. It is worth a shot for next month if this ends up not being your month (although my fingers are crossed that you get your bfp!)

I am sorry if I sound like I am lecturing, but I feel so liberated understanding my body like I do now. The thing to keep in mind is the lp usually can vary from woman to woman from 12-16 days. If you are assuming yours is 14 and it is actually 16, those 2 days could mean you are timing it all wrong and that is why it is harder to get pg. I just wish that I could express how wonderful it actually is understanding what is going on, knowing exactly when I O'd and know when I am actually 'late' and it's ok to test.
I really hope all of our months happen soon :blob_fire

I am 5 dpo and trying not to concentrate on every little twinge and weird thing I feel...and we all know how hard that is to do!!!

Lots of sticky baby dust :blob_fire
Belle

Sophiesmomma 03-23-2007 02:28 PM

Hi,

Belle- I am charting consistently this cycle. I gave up the last one! My temps are so low. I have been charting for a week now today.

CD1- 97.1
CD2- 97.0
CD3- 96.9
CD4- 97.0
CD5 97.1
CD6- 97.5 what's up with that? I did take the temp about 15 minutes later than normal. I bet that is it!
CD7- 97.0
Aren't these temps low? or does everyone's body differ?

Rachel