It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #1
(female)

scoobylou22 HB User
Unhappy is it normal to feel so resentfull when everyone around you is pregnant!

One of my work collegues told me she was pregnant this morning, i acted all happy for her (which i genuinly am) but i feel so depressed she only tried for one month!!! its not fair!!
She dosn't know we are ttc and she was making jokes about how i should get pregnant, i just wanted to cry

Sorry for the moan im having a bad day, still havnt ovulated yet and its cd35 (i can't even remember how many days now, it could be more)

Anyway hope your all ok xxx

Old 04-06-2007, 11:17 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

duzford HB User
Re: is it normal to feel so resentfull when everyone around you is pregnant!

Yes it is normal. I had the same thing today. I am not only infertile but have been diagnosed with a condition that can make having a baby difficult/fatal for me. Anyway we were talking about school taxes and I said why should I pay so much on taxes for schools I am not using. He kept saying over and over --- yet as if there is a guarantee I will use them. I wanted to just smack him. He is always complaining about how difficult life as a parent is and I would gladly trade that difficulty for a chance to have one.

Good luck, hang in there but don't hit your co-worker --- it will only screw up your chances of corporate advancement.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2007, 07:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

G8r4evr HB User

Ive been having resentful feelings for about a year now. 2 of my closest friends and countless other coworkers have had babies in the last year and I am embarassed to say that I am jealous. Although my hubby and I have only been trying for a few months, I worried that I would have difficulties long before then due to my irregular periods and now its like my deepest fears ar coming true....Like another poster said earlier, it seems to be "raining pregnant women" and I seem to be a walking ball of resentment.

Old 04-07-2007, 05:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

I am the one who said its raining pregnant women . .. and the more i think about it i realise that i did not used to see pregnant women before now i do.
I understand what you guys mean but its only natural to feel that way.
Luckily most of my friends don t have kids yet. I feel most uncomfortable with my family lately. My sis just had her 3rd opps baby. I actually had to baby sit her other 2 kids for a few days until she got used to the idea.She then had her tubes tied after giving birth. Now she only calls me to moan about the costs of bringing up 3 kids, to tell me how disobedient they are(i think they are 3 angels) or to tell me how busy she is.I love her dearly. . .. but it hurts so much when she moans that i try to avoid her as much as possible. After her last moaning session i told her have you ever thanked God that they are all healthy and she just stared at me.. ....
I ended up venting here.
Latey i am trying to do my best to appreciate what i have more. . like Dh, my friends etc. . .. . until hopefully I (and all of us) will be blessed with our bundle of joy.

Amy

Old 04-07-2007, 07:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

G8r4evr HB User

Whats been hardest on me is my brother in law and his wife are expecting their oops baby (they are 18 and 22) and not what you would consider financially stable. My hubby and I are both 27 and have both been saving up until we were ready and are now trying and its just hard....especially at family get togethers like tomorrow.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:24 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

Hey I am with you. . . . . i used to love special occasions but now i kind of think twice about each occasion.
I am 27 too. I was studying until i was 26 got married immediately and started trying a couple of months later. Sometimes i think of my degree and post grad as the biggest mistakes of my life . . . i feel that if i had n t continued my studies my family would have been complete . ..well if....if..if we can never actually tell can we.

Try not to be upset about tomorrow . .. .i am sure that we ll pull through

Amy

Old 04-07-2007, 07:28 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

G8r4evr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy 333 View Post
Hey I am with you. . . . . i used to love special occasions but now i kind of think twice about each occasion.
I am 27 too. I was studying until i was 26 got married immediately and started trying a couple of months later. Sometimes i think of my degree and post grad as the biggest mistakes of my life . . . i feel that if i had n t continued my studies my family would have been complete . ..well if....if..if we can never actually tell can we.

Try not to be upset about tomorrow . .. .i am sure that we ll pull through

Amy
I know exactly what you mean...I studied until I was 22 and then focused on my career until 25. Then I met my hubby and we got married at 26...saved up for about year and just recently started trying. I was thinking just the other day, had I allowed myself to get pregnant at 20 (like the rest of my friends), I may not be in this difficult situation now.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:34 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

I just hope that the age issue will never be the reason why i wont get pregnant. When i spoke to my dr re my concerns he just laughed and said i am still very young. .. .i just hope he s right.
How long have you been TTC? Do you have any IF issues?
I am sitting pretty for the 2nd cycle coz i was diagnosed with hypothyroid a3 weeks ago. . . now waiting for the meds to do their job.
It s just terrible knowing that you re o and cannot bd. . . .it s actually worse than the 2ww.

AMy

Old 04-07-2007, 10:32 AM   #9
(female)

lfrsdcv HB User

Hi guys

I'm 36 and still trying for baby no 1. I try to stay positive when I read about women in their 40's starting families but I agree when you say it seems to be everyone else around you and not you. I'm so sick of hearing about oops babies. I even know someone who has just found out about her oops baby and she has to be the unhealthiest person I know, I'm talking drinking, smoking, drugs!! That makes it all seem so unfair. I even know someone who was talking about getting rid of the baby she was carrying when she found out it was a boy because she'd already got one boy and wanted a girl this time. I could just sit and cry. Why can't I have what they don't want?

Claire xx

Old 04-07-2007, 11:37 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

G8r4evr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy 333 View Post
I just hope that the age issue will never be the reason why i wont get pregnant. When i spoke to my dr re my concerns he just laughed and said i am still very young. .. .i just hope he s right.
How long have you been TTC? Do you have any IF issues?
I am sitting pretty for the 2nd cycle coz i was diagnosed with hypothyroid a3 weeks ago. . . now waiting for the meds to do their job.
It s just terrible knowing that you re o and cannot bd. . . .it s actually worse than the 2ww.

AMy
We have only being trying for a month (our 2nd TTC cycle just started), but Im very worried because I have been having 55-60 day cycles for at least a year. I have this really bad feeling that Im not ovulating at all. I started metformin on Monday and I have an ultrasound scheduled for next week...I know I shouldnt be down after only trying for a month, but my crazy cycles cant be good for my chances =(

Old 04-08-2007, 01:12 AM   #11
(female)

scoobylou22 HB User

Wow didn't expect that much of a reaction from you all i thought it was just me with the resentful feelings! I can't help it everytime i see a 13yr old, troubled kid walking down the street with a pushchair i think its not fair! what kind of a life will that poor child have?
But then i think back to when i was a teenager and my mother lecturing me on using condoms "it only takes one time" she used to say! how come im not pregnant then mum?????

In all fairness i have only been trying 5-6 months although im only on my 3rd cycle! My periods are so irregular i don't know where i am with them! the docter isn't concerned. I am 100% sure that i have some kind of problem i think it maybe pcos! ive gained about 18pounds in the past year, i havn't changed my diet, my cycles have been long since Aug last year. All i want to know is if i have a problem so i can sort it out! if i had a diagnosis of some kind at least it is a step in the right direction, i don't care if i have a baby this year or in 10 years i just want to be sure that i will defonatly be able to have one!

Anyway thanks girls sooooo much for your kind support, we are all in this together! some of us may get pregnant soon for others its gonna take longer but i believe that if you wish for something with all your heart then your dreams will come true eventually

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxx

Old 04-08-2007, 01:28 AM   #12
(female)

scoobylou22 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8r4evr View Post
We have only being trying for a month (our 2nd TTC cycle just started), but Im very worried because I have been having 55-60 day cycles for at least a year. I have this really bad feeling that Im not ovulating at all. I started metformin on Monday and I have an ultrasound scheduled for next week...I know I shouldnt be down after only trying for a month, but my crazy cycles cant be good for my chances =(
Hi G8r4evr,

Let me know how you do with a Metformin! i think im going to suggest it to my docter. I have been having 50-70 day cycles, last time i went to the docs they said they couldn't give me anything, looks like they were trying to feed me a load of rubbish just to get rid of me!!! hope everything goes well
baby dust
xx

Old 04-09-2007, 10:55 AM   #13
(female)

hopefull2007 HB User

I know exactly how you all feel. It does seem so unfair. When I got pregnant last year that unfortunately ended due to a m/c, I found out that my cousin's wife was pregnant, my best friend found out she was pregnant with an oops, my dh ex wife was pregnant, my best friends sil was pregnant, my cousin's wife's sister was pregnant, a guy my dh works with gf was pregnant and a friend of mine was pregnant. We had to wait for 9 months to start ttc again and it's happening all over again. We started ttc in February and I found out that dh ex is pregnant again, dh ex's husband's ex is pregnant, 2 guys my dh works with, their wifes are pregnant, an old friend of mine from CO wife is pregnant, and 2 guys that I work with, their wife's are pregnant. Have any of you ever heard that saying "Always the bridesmaid, never the bride", I feel like that with having a baby! Hopefully we'll all get our BFP this month. I am on my 3rd cycle this month.

Jenny
DSD-5
Furbaby-10 m.o. yellow lab
TTC#1 since February 07

Old 04-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #14
(female)

hopefull2007 HB User

Speaking of people who are lucky enough to get pregnant but don't want their kids, I read an article today that was very sad. Some lady gave birth to her baby at home, then put it in a bag and put it on her front porch. She then went to the hospital, and the doctor thought she might have just delivered a baby and called the police. They have determined that the baby was born alive but died to asphyxiation and hypothermia. I just don't understand how some people can be so cruel. People like that don't even deserve to get pregnant. That story just made me really sad. 2 of her sisters are also being charged. I hope they get the maximum prison term!

Jenny
DSD-5
Furbaby-10 m.o. yellow lab
TTC#1 since February 07

Old 04-10-2007, 07:46 AM   #15
(female)

carterscutie85 HB User

I know how u feel. The other day one of my co-workers brought her little grandbaby in who was only 2 days old and I got to hold him. Then she asked me when I was gonna have one. It seems as though everyone is wanting me to have kids and they don't realize it's not that easy for some people. Even my mom drops hints like me and her love going to garage sales and she always sees baby things and suggests I buy them for *my baby* even though I don't have one yet..Just hang in there kiddo, I know it's tough but that's what u gotta do...

Closed Thread