It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2007, 01:35 PM   #1
(female)

scoobylou22 HB User
Question is it still actually possible to get pregnant with long cycles of 50-60days?

Is there anyone out there with long cycles who have managed (in the past) to get pregnant naturally without drugs?
im talking long cycles of 45-60 days?
Even if they just know of someone that has?

Old 04-09-2007, 03:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

G8r4evr HB User
Re: is it still actually possible to get pregnant with long cycles of 50-60days?

I sure wish I knew....My cycles have been 50-60 days for a year now, but I have only been TTC for 1 cycle. I just started metformin though, so Im anxious to see if it shortens my cycle.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2007, 03:44 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

morrisun HB User
Re: is it still actually possible to get pregnant with long cycles of 50-60days?

I guess if you eventually ovulate it is possible. However, with most long cycles you aren't ovulating. I had that problem when I was trying to get pregnant with both of my children. I think my longest cycle was over 80 days, it was ridiculous. I was able to get pregnant after they gave me Provera and I had a "normal" cycle.

BTW, I've been on Metformin for a little over a month and I've had my first 28 day cycle, EVER. I'm not trying to conceive, but I was shocked, lol.
PCOS

Old 04-09-2007, 04:31 PM   #4
(female)

dizzymammy HB User

How does the drugs you describe work? i'd never heard off a drug that could shorten your cycle. I have been off my contraceptive patch since sep/oct 06. My longest cycle so far has been 60 days and shortest 29. I've been charting my temps for 2 cycles and recently noteing my cm which have both shown notable changes when ovulating. Do you think i should see a doctor about it. Do you think they would perscribe me such a drug when i'm ttc. Are there any bad side effects?
Finally for scoobylou, i fell pregnant with my first while on the pill coz i got lazy and forget to take it all the time. So just because like me you naturally have a long cycle won't mean your not fertile enough to fall pregnant. Just monitor your temps and cm thats what i'm doin for now anyway. good luck!

Last edited by dizzymammy; 04-09-2007 at 04:40 PM.

Old 04-09-2007, 04:31 PM   #5
(female)

Mrs.Khan HB User

Depends on the cause of long cycles .If its because of PCOs the chance os there but less .But if there is no abnormality the chance is better but still obviosly less than a lady with 28 days cycle .the most fertile women are with the cycle length 28 +- 4 days

Old 04-12-2007, 12:26 PM   #6
(female)

scoobylou22 HB User

great! whats the point then ive tried to explain this too my docter but they don't seem to care! im getting so annoyed they wont even let me have any drugs I WANT DRUGS!!! AAAAAAAAHHHH

Sorry everyone having a bad day!

Old 04-12-2007, 03:20 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

morrisun HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzymammy View Post
How does the drugs you describe work? i'd never heard off a drug that could shorten your cycle. I have been off my contraceptive patch since sep/oct 06. My longest cycle so far has been 60 days and shortest 29. I've been charting my temps for 2 cycles and recently noteing my cm which have both shown notable changes when ovulating. Do you think i should see a doctor about it. Do you think they would perscribe me such a drug when i'm ttc. Are there any bad side effects?
I don't really know how it works, I just know that it is used extensively in PCOS treatment and has helped a lot of people, me included. I do know that it helps with insulin resistance which is a problem for a lot (not all) of women with PCOS. It doesn't work for everyone though, and in the beginning it has some rough GI side effects.

A lot of women have used Metformin to help them get pregnant. I don't know what your symptoms are, but if you are symptomatic of PCOS, a Dr. might prescribe it.

Good luck!
PCOS

Old 04-13-2007, 12:41 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

lucii HB User

Metformin works by reducing insulin levels which in turn promotes normal ovarian function
hope this helps!
lucii xx

Old 04-13-2007, 03:06 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

morrisun HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucii View Post
Metformin works by reducing insulin levels which in turn promotes normal ovarian function
hope this helps!
lucii xx
Well put!! LOL
PCOS

Old 04-13-2007, 03:26 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

G8r4evr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobylou22 View Post
great! whats the point then ive tried to explain this too my docter but they don't seem to care! im getting so annoyed they wont even let me have any drugs I WANT DRUGS!!! AAAAAAAAHHHH

Sorry everyone having a bad day!
Different Drs just seem to take different approaches. I saw mine for the FIRST time last week and he prescribed Metformin for me. Granted, I told him that my cycles have been long for a year...

Old 04-14-2007, 12:24 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User

for a more natural choice you can use vitex/chastebury. i used it and got pregnant the same cycle. it shortens your cycles and helps with pms. do a search on it and you'll find tons of info. good luck

an AWESOME book to read is "Taking charge of your fertility"

Last edited by steph66; 04-14-2007 at 12:25 PM.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:41 PM   #12
(female)

Mrs.Khan HB User

DOn't worry .I have cycles of 35 days .they r longer but not v long .what I did was that i used Combined oral contraceptives for 3-4 months .This regulates the periods more and If u have PCOS it will cure that and then as soon as I stopped Thanks God I got pregnant in the next month .no need to take any specific medicines .

Closed Thread