It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 09:22 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User
Chinese Lunar Calendar

Hope this does not offend anyone. I wanted to post it on the pregnancy board. However the baby didn't make it so I can't post there since you have to be pregnant to post on that thread.
Has anyone here ever heard of the Chinese Lunar Calendar? Supposively this chart is 93-percent accurate and was discovered buried in a 700-year-old tomb near Beijing. The original document is now currently housed at the Institute of Science of Beijing.
It works by crossing the month a child was conceived with the age of the mother at conception. Fot us TTC and want to try for a girl or a boy, check your lunar age (add nine months to your actual age to determine your lunar age) and the month to plan the gender of your child.
There is a chart but I can't post it here. If anyone has heard of it is it accurate?
Thank you much in advance

Last edited by Jenteal; 04-11-2007 at 09:25 PM.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User
Re: Chinese Lunar Calendar

Hi. I have heard of the Chinese Lunar Calendar. Unfortunately it was not correct for me. I am currently 28 weeks pregnant with a girl and it said boy for me. It was also wrong for my best friend who is 29 weeks and is also having a girl (it said boy for her too.) But I do know a lot of people that it was right for. I think it's probably more coincidence and just for fun because actually, and I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that the woman has nothing to do with deciding the sex of the baby, that comes from the man. But still, it's fun to do!

Good luck to you!

Last edited by Delia79; 04-12-2007 at 04:24 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2007, 06:38 AM   #3
(female)

Star222 HB User

I've seen in on the internet and i find it very accurate (friends even my own birth and my siblings) You need to refer to the correct age (actual age +1) say you were born in 1980, then your age according to chinese calender is 27+1=28. Month of conception refers to the lunar month.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:17 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

Thank you for you replies. I thought it meant that if you conceived say in July at the age of 36 and your birthday was in Nov that your calender Lunar age would be 37 at the age of conception.

I heard John Travolta on Oprah saying that they were trying for a second child and that he had ways of making a boy or girl so I looke that up. I found that if you want a girl, you should stick to the missionary position. If you want a boy, doggy style is the position you may wish to try.
Y equals the male sperm and X equals the female sperm.
If you are tyring to have a girl, you should have intercourse 3 or more days before ovulation becasue the Y sperms seem to be weaker at this time of the month. Shallow penetration seems to bring on the conception of girls and deeper penetration seems to favor boys? It has to do with the levels of acid PH. The entrance to the vagina has a higher level of acid.
Supposively orgasms also play a role in determining the sex of a child. The vagaina releases a substance that rises alkaline levels when she orgasms. Boys are produced much quicker when there are higher levels of alkaline. So if you want a girl don't have an orgasam.
I aslo read that the y-sperms are smaller, weaker, but faster than their siblings x-sperms, which are bigger, stronger, but slower. A more acidic environment favors girls, since it will kill the weaker y-sperms first, leaving a greater quantity of x-sperms available to fertilize the egg. On the other hand, a more alkaline environment favors boys.
I find all this so interesting. I read a few more tips but don't remember them off hand.

Thank you for responding.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:36 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

lucii HB User

hi, i read about this somewhere, but did not pay much attention to it as i didnt really believe it!
personally, id be happy to conceive either a boy or girl atm, either will do me!!
lucii xx

Old 04-12-2007, 07:46 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

Same here but my fiance wants a girl so I might has well try all the hype just in case any of it's correct.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:41 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

It's been right for me 2x, and right for everyone else I know!

Old 04-12-2007, 12:29 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

lucii HB User

well if its been right for some people, i thinks ill have to go have a read and see what happens!
lucii xx

Old 04-12-2007, 02:57 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

Am I doing the math right? Like when if you conceived say in July at the age of 36 and your birthday was 5 months away in Nov that your calender Lunar age would actually be 37 at the age of conception.
It says to add nine months. So I'm guessing that if your birthday falls with in those 9 months that you add a year. Is that correct?

Last edited by Jenteal; 04-12-2007 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Added a sentence

Closed Thread