It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2007, 09:28 AM   #1
(female)

hopefullone HB User
Spotting before period. Is that bad?

Hey Y'all!!! I hope everyone is doing well!

I have a question about spotting before my period. I used to NEVER have spotting before (didn't matter if I was on the pill or not). I had a missed miscarriage in December, and irregular periods since. The last 3 periods started out with spotting for a few days. I've been reading that spotting before your period can be a sign of low progesterone. I've recently discovered I have about a 10 day luteal phase and while thats "ok" its not "great". So now I wonder if the cause of my miscarriage was the luteal phase and possibly low progesterone? I don't know anything about the progesterone aspect in regards to TTC or cycles in general.

I've started taking 100mg of vitamin B6 to hopefully lenghten my luteal phase. Anyone have any over the counter suggestions about progesterone? I haven't contacted the dr. yet for fear they won't take me seriously and just think I'm overreacting. This is our 3rd cycle TTC since the miscarriage.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:57 PM   #2
(female)

jessparm HB User
Re: Spotting before period. Is that bad?

Reading about premenopausal women who have spotting before their period, it says it not unusual for this to happen and NOT a mjor concern.. but that is not coming from my doc, but another expert on Reporductive issues... I couldn't find anything that suggested low progesterone levels, did your doc say that? I want to speak to mine if that is the case,I tend to do that each month..... Sorry, I don't thinkI helped, I am so thankful for these boards, it is a big part in helping me keep educated and updated on becoming prego!!!!! I will keep my eyes open for anything to increase pregesterone levels OTC!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2007, 11:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cashahn HB User

I spot for about 2 days before my AF starts, Im not sure if its a bad thing or not. If you are worried about having low progesterone maybe you should try taking Wild Yam but only take between ovul to the begining of AF.

Cashahn xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 05-10-2007, 04:39 AM   #4
(female)

scoobylou22 HB User

Hi i always have spotting for about 1 or 2 days before i get my period! i was abit concerned at first but ive recently found out that its actually quite normal for some people!
Do you class the spotting as the first day of your period? because this might meen your LP isn't as short as you think it is. I was told by the docter not to count this as the first day!

Old 05-10-2007, 04:47 AM   #5
(female)

scoobylou22 HB User

Thats really strange you should say about the vitamin b6! I have started taken a strong Vit B complex with folic acid for about 2 months now and i actually noticed that my LP was actually 2 days longer than usual! i have suffered with quite irregular periods for about a year now so i was hoping it would actually help with ovulation! maybe it does actually work for LP defects aswell.

Last edited by scoobylou22; 05-10-2007 at 04:47 AM.

Old 05-10-2007, 05:37 AM   #6
(female)

hopefullone HB User

I'm hoping the vitamin B6 does work to lengthen the LP, thats why I started taking it along with my regular multi-vitamin. (the multi-vitamin only has 2mg of B6!).

I don't count spotting as the first day of my period. I was told to count day 1 as the first day of "fresh" blood. Oh boy if spotting was considered day 1 I'd be REALLY worried about my LP!

I haven't spoken to the dr. yet about my "low progesterone fear". Sometimes I think I am just overreacting.. but its hard not to with 1 miscarriage behind me. Who would ever want to go through that again!? If I do get the guts to contact him about it then I will of course pass along any information I get! From surfing the internet, I have found many women with low progesterone concerns who said the dr. didn't put them on anything to help it until after they were pregnant. So if its something anyone is concerned about, definately mention it to your doctor as soon as you get a BFP!

Old 05-10-2007, 10:07 AM   #7
(female)

scoobylou22 HB User

I think your miscarrage has probably set this hormone imbalance off and in time it will probably correct itself. Have you tried Angus castus because that is supposed to be good at boosting prog levels! i have started taking it for my irregular periods but don't know how effective it is yet coz its my first cycle using it.

I really hope you get your BFP soon, im really sorry about your mc it must have been horrible for you!

scooby xx

Old 05-11-2007, 11:50 AM   #8
(female)

hopefullone HB User

Hi Scooby!

I agree, my hormones have probably been out of wack for a while due to the pregnancy and then miscarriage. (poor hormones!! lol)
I looked into Agnus Castus and read many good things about it. I'm a little nervous about those kinds of things though.. have you experienced any negative effects from it or heard any warnings?

Where are you at in your current cycle? I'm only on CD 10. (i'm so impatient!) Good luck to you!!!

Old 05-12-2007, 06:15 AM   #9
(female)

scoobylou22 HB User

im currently on cd11 so its abit too early to tell yet, i hope i ovulate at a resonable time this month (cd40 i think last cycle, thants if i did actually ovulate at all) i did notice this morning that i had abit of clear cm so hopfully, fingers crossed its on its way! if i ovulate before cd20 i will be extreamly happy and there will be no doubt that it was down to the angus castus. so im waiting to see

Closed Thread