It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
(female)

lismark HB User
TTC with irregular cycles

Well the title says it all, but here is some history. My little guy just turned one and when we were ttc it happened very easily and I had read up on all my books etc... Now I am kind of forgetting everything and have a few questions... Since I got my period I have been keeping track (Lucky me got it while I was still nursing) and my cycles are pretty irregular. It goes like this... 31 days,29 days, 34 days, 28 days, and 33 days. I haven't started taking my temp b/c we're actually not going to officially start until the end of summer but with these irregular cycles I am getting a little nervous! I guess I should start that soon too. But can you still get pregnant with irregular periods? I guess its not that irregular but more irregular than what I used to be!
Thanks for your help!

Old 05-14-2007, 08:57 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

marinewife12 HB User
Re: TTC with irregular cycles

My honest opinion:

Start temping NOW! Just because you don't want to TTC just yet doesn't mean you can't have a solid foundation of your cycles. Temping ahead of time will give you a good idea of your cycles. You'll have something to go off of when you really do start trying.

And of course you can get pregnant with irregular cycles. It's not as easy to figure out when to BD, but you have two options there...either BD on a very regular basis, or temp and BD on the days that you are most certain you're about to or already are O'ing.

And just to add...I would KILL for your version of "irregular". My cycles range from 29 days to 129 days. So between 28 and 33 would be a dream. Sorry, just a little perspective! =)

Kate

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2007, 01:05 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User
Re: TTC with irregular cycles

I think that Kate gave you a great reply there. Also remember that it takes a few cycles to get the hang of what s going on. I think that if you start now it will be easier for you to get pregnant.

Good luck

Amy

Closed Thread