It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2007, 10:53 AM   #1
(female)

crazylife85 HB User
Unhappy is it possible to O'd 2x in a month? HELP!

Hi,I'm not doing so good. I think that i might have Od yesterday because i apparently have EWCM today and it's very heart broken, I dont know if to think that i will od because of the EWCM or if i o'd yesterday beacause of my temp...

I'm just very sad and i need to hear some feed back please

Old 05-23-2007, 11:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

southern_belle HB User
Re: is it possible to O'd 2x in a month? HELP!

I responded to your post on the pg board. Ovulation is only confirmed by 3 days of a sustained thermal shift, not by just 1 temps spike. On your other post you said you thought you O'd on CD 15 b/c of a temps spike, has your temps stayed up since then??? A clear sustained thermal shift is the only way you can confirm O. Your cm will change throughout your cycle and you can have patches of ewcm without actual ovulation.

You do not ovulate more than once in a cycle. It is possible that more than one egg can be released at ovulation, but if this occurs it is within 24 hours of each other.

I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but with all of the questions that you post, it may be of great benefit for you to read a book on fertility and your reproductive system. I would suggest "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. By knowing your body and understanding what is going on every month, you will be able to answer a lot of the questions specific to your own body. This book goes in detail about temping, charting, cm etc.

Without undertsanding what is happening with your body during your cycle, you are only making things more difficult and confusing for yourself. I would suggest reading this book, relaxing and try to become more in tune with your body. Once you have confirmed ovulation through bbt, all you can do is wait. It is out of your hands at that point.

Belle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2007, 12:12 PM   #3
(female)

crazylife85 HB User

I thought that it was only one day spike, Sorry, I guess i might be od now since i have cramps and so on....... I'm sad,but hey i'll gear up for next month...............

Thanks so much! and trust me i'm not insulted in fact i'm glad that you responded, Thanks,do you think that maybe i can bd tonight and might catch the egg on time?

Old 05-24-2007, 06:14 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

southern_belle HB User

I would continue to bd until you have confirmed ovulation through bbt. You will need 3 high temps to confimr O, not just one. Most people will have watery, slippery and or ewcm a few days before O. This is the best time to bd. If you are having cramps and you normally have them around O, then I would say you could be Oing. I would bd until you confirm O with bbt though.
Also remember with cm, quality is more important than quantity. The month that we conceived I didn't have a lot of ewcm, but the thing that mattered was that I had some.

It just goes to show you how your mind and body plays tricks on you. Based on your bbt, you haven't even O'd yet, but you have thought you were having 'symptoms' I would just hang tight. It may take a couple of months of bbt before you get the hang of interpreting your charts. I would suggest using an online charting system to help you better understand and please, please, please read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility"

Good luck,
Belle

Closed Thread