It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2007, 04:25 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

magster04 HB User
Pain in the side

Hi girls!!

I need feedback on this.. I got an hsg about 15 months ago. Ever since, I've had cramping/shooting pain in mainly my right side (I'm assuming ovary) sometimes in my left, but not nearly as frequently. It's not constant, but I notice it almost every day. I've asked two drs about it and haven't gotten an answer. The last time I was there, I asked and my dr noted it in case I needed an ultrasound for my IF.

The last few days it's gotten noticably more frequent and sharper pain. It's also in the left side more. I've noticed at times cramping along my lower abdomen when the pain shoots through. I'm on cd 37 and only got faint positive on an opk on cd 11 and a lot of ewcm on cd 11 and 12. No temp spike at all so I'm assuming I didnt ovulate. My dr however, said the bbt isn't a sure science. I don't agree with the dr on that though. Just in case, today I went to the dollar store and got a cheap hpt it was a BFN. i took it at lunchtime though. After the neg hpt I went ahead and started progesterone for the next 7 days to induce af.

I've assumed it was my ovaries trying to work since I've heard some women feel ovulation happen. But that's only when it happens, right? not all the time! the past few days with it getting worse, I'm starting to get a little concerned. I've taken clomid for two of the last three cycles and have started each one with Prog withdrawl. today I've researched ovarian cysts and what I've found doesn't mention the cramping/pain shooting. I also looked up eptopic pregnancies and the symptoms there describe shooting pain. However, it said you should show a pos on an hpt. I know sophiesmamma just had an ectopic pg, that's what caused me to think of it. I'm just so confused!!

I think I've listed all the pertinent info for you ladies to read. I'd SO appreciate feedback!

Vi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2007, 02:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User
Re: Pain in the side

I don't know the answer to your question but I wanted to let you know that after I O every month I have pains/cramps all the way up until AF shows. When I took clomid I cramped so bad when I O'ed them months and was so sore it was horrible. After I O'ed them months I would have pains around my overy area I too told my dr and he was not concerned at all he said that the clomid did some people that away and recommended I take an over the counter pain reliever before I O and afterwards he said to take it like every 4-6 hrs.and it would help and it did some.
Hope you it is just nothing like it was with me. Good Luck.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Closed Thread